Are this week's projections up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are this week's projections up?

The projections file is still dated April 7, wasn't there supposed to be an update this morning?

Thanks
    US Senate staff fantasy league champion: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2013, 2016
    Runner-up: 2003, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015
    WTF?: 2002, 2011

Ok....redesigned. Daunting at first, I'm sure it will prove more useful though...
    US Senate staff fantasy league champion: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2013, 2016
    Runner-up: 2003, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015
    WTF?: 2002, 2011

Comment

Excel Issues

Yikes! This new format isn't very good for those of us who import into an Excel spreadsheet and match names to a spreadsheet of rosters. Any chance we can get first names back? Otherwise, I need to add team names to the rosters to distinguish the players.

Comment

There are a few growing pains with the new projections. I can handle the change in name format. And I appreciate the new ID column to help differentiate similarly named players. I can change my programming to cope, but some people are not going to be happy. But as long as this is the format from now on, I'm cool.

But there are some glitches in the data. Jason Bergmann with a projected 17.4 ERA and a WHIP of 3.41 for a R$ of -$28? I know his early projections were optimistic, but this is a rebound for the ages! Same with Dewon Brazelton who now shows a R$ of -$27, probably due to his 6.30 projected ERA. There are also duplicate names in the list. Zach Duke and Zachary Duke, for instances.
        MiLBAnalysis.com / @NickRichardsHQ

Comment

I've also noticed that a lot of the duplicates are of the Fullname/Nickname type. Nathan McLouth is there along with Nate McLouth. Same stats.

There's some inconsistency with first names. For the most part you go with full names (Christopher instead of Chris), but not always. Best to stick to one method for everyone.

Comment

Format

I agree with Nick. I can make anything work. If this is the final format, then just let me know. I just don't want to do all the work and have it change next week.

Comment

NL Pitchers

The NL pitchers file contains all AL pitchers.

Comment

Please, please, please, please, please can we get first name back?

Comment

Can we have both the old and the new?

I too have done quite a bit of programming based on the old Excel files. I'd like to know how stable the new format is before recoding.

Any chance HQ could generate and post the old format each week as well as these new formats, at least for a period of time to ease the transition.

Comment

This is a transition time for us, guys. We appreciate your patience. We'll get the bugs out as soon as we can. But this will be the new format, more or less. I'd suggest holding off on your re-programming until everything has become stable.
                    "Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." -- George Carlin

Comment

You guys should write a tutorial on how to use the projections to do some of the crazy stuff you do. With the programming, analysis, and exhibits.

Comment

You have all the patience you need, Ron. I'm just pointing out things I've noticed as a service to your systems guys.

Comment

Good

Ron, I'm good. I used the projections files. With little modification, I was able to get what I need. This file, by the way, has first name (if that is important to anyone). The issues being raised would not even be issues if your services were not so important to us. Thanks for making my life so much more fun.

Comment

Hate the new look. Why was the format changed. Vote to get the old format as well.

Comment

Thanks for pointing out the duplicate names. I have corrected most of these ( at least the ones that were easily found ). As we merge last years player database with this years things like this got passed through inadvertantly.

Comment

Working...
                              X