Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there something screwy with Playerlink?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there something screwy with Playerlink?

As the site redesign continues, I see that the Playerlink section has gotten an overhaul. I like the added information including game logs for relievers. However, I'm not sure I'm reading this correctly. For example, take a look at Luis Vizacaino's page (I'd have provided a link, but it only sends you to the index). It shows his actual year to date BPV of 110. His projected balance BPV is 53 generating a projected total of 39. Is that possible?

In fact, every player I have checked has both the actual and projected balance BPV higher than the projected total. Am I not understanding how this is calculated or is there a problem in the math somewhere?
    If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.
    -Bill Lyon

Funny, I looked earlier today and the BPV totals I saw were way too low. Anyway, something ain't right....

Comment

Originally posted by helloneumn
      In fact, every player I have checked has both the actual and projected balance BPV higher than the projected total.
      Check Brad Fullmer. He's certain to have a projected BPV higher than his actual BPV.
      "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

The BPV's on the playerlink pages are now correct. Please take a look.

Comment

Ahhh....much better!
          If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.
          -Bill Lyon

Comment

Working...
          X