Two Chris Youngs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Chris Youngs

Now that Chris Young (OF, ARI) is included in the projections, can BBHQ give him a unique name/middle initial so he doesn't match Chris Young (P, SD)?

well one is a pitcher and one is a hitter, so is there really a need for that?

Comment

There are three Luis Gonzalezes (Luises Gonzalez?). There's a young pitcher out there somewhere in addition to the OF and the 2B.

That still doesn't compete with Bobby Jones LHP, Rockies, and Bobby Jones, RHP, Mets starting against each other at Coors a few years back.

Comment

In the Mets' very first season back in 1962, they had two pitchers named Bob Miller. And given that Casey Stengel was the manager, I doubt he knew which one was which.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM@HQ
          In the Mets' very first season back in 1962, they had two pitchers named Bob Miller. And given that Casey Stengel was the manager, I doubt he knew which one was which.
          Casey didn't know the names of his players at that point, anyway - so maybe it made it easier if their names were the same. (They were "hey you", "that guy", or their number, IIRC.)

Comment

My issue with the two Youngs is that I have a 'names' file I use to keep track of my roster and everyone else's in my league, and I do a vlookup to match the latest projections vs. the names file. I can work around it manually, of course, but it's most convenient if every player in the league has a unique name identifier, whether they be pitcher or hitter. This is just an item for my Dish wish list.

Comment

Originally posted by Dish
              My issue with the two Youngs is that I have a 'names' file I use to keep track of my roster and everyone else's in my league, and I do a vlookup to match the latest projections vs. the names file. I can work around it manually, of course, but it's most convenient if every player in the league has a unique name identifier, whether they be pitcher or hitter. This is just an item for my Dish wish list.
              I feel your pain, but I have a work around if you have the tool.

I use Access with Excel. The benefit of Access is that I can join more than one field, name, team, and/or position. I can then have Excel link to my Access database.

If you don't have Access, create a new column that Concatenates(Excel Function) player name with Team name. Then Vlookup of the new column.
              11 tm 5X5 Roto Snake Draft 10th pos

C - J. Willingham (19.10), 1B - D. Lee (2.02), 2B - C. Figgins (4.02), 3B - T. Glaus (6.02), SS - J. Lugo (10.02), OF - J. Bay (1.10) - J. Pierre (3.10) - H. Matsui (5.10), UT - R. Sexson (7.10)
              BN - J. Gibbons (21.10) - R, Aurilia (W)

SP - J. Blanton (11.10) - K. Escobar (12.02) - C. Young (13.10) - J. Verlander (15.10) - O. Perez (18.02) - B. Penny (W) - Any FA Spot Starter
              RP - E. Gagne (8.02) - T. Hoffman (9.10) - J. Valverde (14.02) - T. Worrell (W)

Comment

Working...
              X