• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a URL?

for following the tout draft live?

Fantasy Baseball's Battle of the Experts

Comment

Hmmm.

All it says on the website is: "Come Join Us to Watch the Drafts Live in Person or Follow Along on the Web in real-time."

As far as I can tell there is no way from the tout wars website to follow the auction. Is there something else that we need to do to follow?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitty81
        Is there something else that we need to do to follow?
        Wait for it to start?

AL Tout Wars - Saturday March 25th, 10 AM
        If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.
        -Bill Lyon

Comment

It is now up
          If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.
          -Bill Lyon

Comment

Thanks, helloneumn. I was kind of hoping it would be a live video feed but no big deal. As Ron says, an auction is not a spectator sport.

Comment

Interesting tactics already. He Sop Choi rostered early. Also Posada

Comment

Grey is spending early and often for speed. I read somewhere he'd reevaluated the value of speedsters, and it shows.

Comment

Shandler appears to be reacting to the high price of speed by stretching a bit himself: Gathright $21 and Crisp $29 -- both ~$6 higher than BBHQ's latest projections.

Edit: And Lugo at $26 -- $4 higher than BBHQ projections.

Comment

Oooh, $26 for Julio Lugo ... $4 over the BHQ projection.
                    2021 Teams: Pandemic Petrels - 15-team mixed redraft (HQ Forum Masters); Patioboater's Puddle Ducks - 15-team, mixed, slow-draft-and-hold (HQ Slow Winter Draft); Regal Beagles - AL keeper (I-96 League), on hold for 2020.

3x Champion of the Forum Masters League, 2x Champion of the HQ Slow Draft League - Sic transit gloria mundi

Comment

Grey owns Podsednik & Figgins (and Guerrero and Roberts) and Shandler owns Gathright, Lugo and Crisp. Between those two teams that's a big chuck in the speed in the AL.

Comment

Shandler has done a great job on MI so far. Lugo (26), Cantu (23), and Polanco (19). That's arguable 3 of the top 7 MI in the AL.

Comment

Not sure it qualifies as great if he has them projected at $22, $18 and $17 respectively. Good players, for sure, but the premium he paid would seem to be more than the position demands.

Comment

True. Although I suppose if I had to pick a position where I'd be willing to go over my projections it would be MI.

Comment

Not sure I see much in the way of guys who went undervalued on that board so far. Posada might not be too bad an investment at $12.

Most interesting thing I noticed out of the early bidding was that a lot of guys with some questions surrounding them got thrown out early. These guys were all nominated in the first fifteen, and there are some legitimate questions about all of them. Definitely an interesting departure from the usual league in which all of the best players get nominated first, and it might lead to some value being available later:

Hee Sop Choi 3 1B
                              Jim Thome 18 1B
                              Roy Halladay 26 P
                              Victor Martinez 22 C
                              Jorge Posada 12 C
                              Brian Roberts 20 MI
                              Jason Giambi 17 1B
                              Randy Johnson 22 P
                              2021 Teams: Pandemic Petrels - 15-team mixed redraft (HQ Forum Masters); Patioboater's Puddle Ducks - 15-team, mixed, slow-draft-and-hold (HQ Slow Winter Draft); Regal Beagles - AL keeper (I-96 League), on hold for 2020.

3x Champion of the Forum Masters League, 2x Champion of the HQ Slow Draft League - Sic transit gloria mundi

Comment

Working...
                              X