No announcement yet.

CDG Question and QS not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest: I didn't connect today with the tech guy working on CDG. I'll post an update when I get it.

Comment

OK, it's fixed now. OPS category, Net Saves category, and Net Relief categories all work properly.

A special note about OPS: the programmers suspect the weighting of the category may be a little lighter relative to other categories. So as you evaluate the new results, you may want to consider weighting the category a little heavier (ie more than 1) to get the dollar values where you think they "should be". The values are correct now (you can see this if you run the CDG with OPS as the only hitting category), but playing with the weightings is kind of a "season to your own taste" option.

Anyway, glad to have this fixed, sorry it took so long.
      Last edited by RAY@HQ; 06-25-2024, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Thanks Ray - I will try it later today. Should we double weight OPS? What weighting would you use if you played in a league that used OPS over BA? Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Snider View Post
          Thanks Ray - I will try it later today. Should we double weight OPS? What weighting would you use if you played in a league that used OPS over BA? Thanks again.
          I haven't played with it enough to be able to answer. Doubling seems like a lot, though. I would do something like this as a process:
          - run the CDG for just your other 4 hitting categories, save the CSV.
          - run it again with OPS included as one of your five categories, save that CSV.
          - compare some values. The outliers are likely the high-OPS/no SB guys (Matt Olson/Yordan Alvarez types), and the low-OPS speedsters on the other side. See how their values differ between the two sheets.
          - based on what you see there, change the weighting on OPS (maybe to 1.5), save that file, see how the values change for the same guys you checked in the step above.
          - adjust weighting further as needed.

Comment

Ray - This looks great!! For the first time since February, I am getting dollar values based on projections that make sense to me. Thank you very much.

Comment

Glad to hear it!

Comment

Working...
              X