Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, will do for sure.

Comment

I know it was a holiday weekend. Any progress made on the OPS question as it relates to the CDG? Thank you.

Comment

No progress yet. I promise I'll let you know when there is.

Comment

So I was just trying to do a little analysis on the CDG to try and decide my FAAB bidding for the week. I used to do this every week in prior years. But as you suggested you are thinking that the OPS setting is making the data incorrect and a couple of weeks ago you suggested you would try and solve the problem. But the values are still unrealistic so I guess it is not fixed. Is the reason because it is really a difficult situation and your techies can't seem to solve the issue OR is it because it isn't a high priority for you and it hasn't been worked on? Nonetheless - it still is not working a couple of weeks after we started talking about this. It sure would be great to get this resolved. Thanks.

Comment

Correct, it is not fixed yet. We have had our techies focused in some other areas. I'm hoping to get some eyes on CDG this coming week. As promised, I will update here when there is news.

Comment

Ray - I pointed out this issue on the CDG about a month ago. You had suggested there is something wrong when using OPS on your end. It worked just fine in previous years but when you decided to change back in February - it has never worked right since. Don't forget when many issues were brought up when the new and "improved" site was launched - you said give it a few weeks and things should be back to normal and working smoothly. it is now almost July and we have already had one draft season come and go and are nearly half way through the current season. This is a very valuable feature that cannot be used with our settings. It is truly frustrating when I read other people's issues that get resolved in a very quick and timely manner but this one does not. It leads me to believe with no updates from you that you are not even thinking about this issue until it is brought up again. Is this even on your radar screen? What do i need to do to get your attention that this is just unacceptable and really bad customer service. Why is this not fixed? Why have there been no updates without prompting as to a timetable when it might be addressed? For the life of me - I still do not see what benefit this new format has given us. You don't make it easy to be patient. As has been said by other subscribers who have had data and other issues - I am also losing confidence in this service.
              Last edited by Snider; 06-18-2024, 11:35 AM.

Comment

I shared an update last week (two posts up), that I hoped it would be fixed last week. That didn't get done... as you have perhaps seen in some other threads, we have had some data feed issues since late last week that required immediate attention, and pushed the CDG work back a bit. I am expecting several fixes to the CDG in next few days now. As I have promised all along, I will update here as soon as I have news.

Comment

Ray - Trust me I can read your posts and comprehend them. That said, this coming week from June 9th would have ended on June 16th. I did not bother you during that week. It is now June 18th and still no update. It still does not work right. Saying that you will update as soon as you have news with no estimated date after having it not work for 4 months is just not acceptable. I have no confidence that anybody is working on this. Why do other issues supposedly get resolved and this one doesn't? .

Comment

Originally posted by Snider View Post
                    Why do other issues supposedly get resolved and this one doesn't? .
                    Issues don't 'supposedly' get resolved, they actually get resolved. It's been a journey, but the site functionality is in a pretty good place now. Still some stuff to do, for sure, and I wish we'd been able to say that sooner, but if we can't agree that the overall trajectory is positive, I don't know what else to say.

As far as the CDG specifically: yes, I pulled resources away from it after draft season. The tool gets less use in-season, and we focused those resources on in-season tools. Besides the CDG overall getting less use, the number of users who depend on the OPS category (which I realize is important to you), or the Net Relief category (another that is still broken), within the CDG is even lower. So I focused the tech time on doing things that have broader impact.

Last week, I said I "hoped to get some eyes on it" that week. I didn't mean that to sound like an iron-clad commitment, because it wasn't. Stuff tends to pop up, like the issue with pitching stats in our data feed. Obviously I diverted our tech resources to address that, since it is much more impactful than the CDG issue you're waiting on.

I'm meeting with the tech team later today, I'll get a firm timeline from them and post it here.

Comment

When you say that CDG is getting less use overall - is there a chance you might do away with that feature if there is not enough demand for it?

Comment

When you say that CDG is getting less use overall - is there a chance you might do away with that feature if there is not enough demand for it?
                        My interpretation

During the season. CDG doesnt get as much use as it does in the preseason

So Ray delegated resources to more pressing issues. See the date feed mixup that wasnt HQ's fault

I use CDG in preseason. I dont really use it much once the season starts. I bet a bunch of people do the same as well

Comment

can't RotoLab do what you want?

Comment

No, not at all. Just what circle said... it's more heavily used in draft season as opposed to in-season.

Comment

Update: I did talk to the tech team today, they do expect to have OPS category in the CDG working correctly by end of day Friday.

Comment

That would be great!! Thank you. I will try it over the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X