Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pitcher Matchup Tool needs more attention!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitcher Matchup Tool needs more attention!

Hi,

I have noticed that the Pitcher Matchup Tool isn't being as accurate and as updated as it has been in the past. For instance, for this week, as of now, it still lists Snell and Luzardo starting their games, even though both have been on IL for days now. Also, lists same pitcher for consecutive days, i.e. Verlander and Winckowski. And it's been happening every week. I just recall those types of errors in the past. Can you please pay more attention to it? It is an incredibly useful tool.

Thank you.
    Gary

I see the issue and will get it addressed, but I want to assure you it's not a lack of attention being paid.

We don't update the matchups ourselves. We consume a feed of the matchups, shared with us from OnRoto.

It looks like the issue that's happening is that when OnRoto removes a listed starter (say, Snell or Luzardo), if they're replaced with a TBD (which is what OnRoto shows for the spots where Luzardo/Snell were scheduled for this week), we're not placing a TBD... we're leaving the prior-listed guy in that spot until an actual SP gets listed in that slot. So, that's why when a guy gets moved one day, you'll sometimes see him listed twice in a row, until we get an actual starter listed for the vacated day.

Again, we'll get this cleaned up, but it's not an issue of not paying attention.

Comment

Also, welcome, Gary to the forums! Join date of 2009 but a first post in 2024 is pretty incredible. Hopefully there'll be a more positive topic for you to post about soon.
      "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

The issue I described above is fixed. This means you'll see more TBDs as probables get shuffled, but less of those duplication/pitcher listed for two straight days situations.

Comment

Thank you, everyone. Always loved the site, indispensable to my fantasy baseball leagues!

Comment

FYI, there's still an issue with pitchers listed as starting on back to back days. The one I see immediately is Taijuan Walker of PHI is listed to start on both 5/5 and 5/6. I suspect that Chris Sanchez is the actual starter for 5/6. It's his turn in the rotation, unless you have reason to believe they will be controlling his IP in this week's start, in which case, either 5/5 or 5/6 should show a TBD.
            10 Team, 14+9, NL Only, 4x4, 2-Year Ultra League (draft year, final year if not signed, back to draft pool), Up to 12 Keepers

12 Team, Mixed 5x5, Head to Head, Redraft
            C 1B 2B 3B SS OF OF OF UT UT SP SP RP RP P P P P; 6 Bench, 4 IL

Comment

Thanks, I'll raise that one to techies.

Comment

Working...
              X