Matchup Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matchup Tool

I love the 8 day Matchup Tool. It would be greatly appreciated if we were able to sort the matchup ratings (best to worst) and then sort by date. This would allow user to quickly look at the dates and see the best rated pitchers. I realize that I could do this on a day-to-day basis. However, it would be more user-friendly if it could be done for the full 8 days and allow the user to scroll the days and ratings. Thank you

This has come up a couple of times. I don't think its currently possible, but will investigate further.

Comment

At the very least, can you default the 8 day forecast by date and then rating? When I look at the 8 day forecast it's sorted by date, but then the pitchers for that day don't seem to be sorted by any particular order.

Comment

It looks as though the default sort puts them in order by start time. Today, for example, TB@MIL and STL@DET are first on the schedule, followed by MIN@CHW, and those are the first six pitchers on the list, in that order, with the home team pitcher first.

I understand why someone would want the default sort by rating, but I think there's more value to the old default sort, by team. In a weekly league it's less important to know whether a pitcher is going on Wednesday or Thursday, and more important to be able to find him quickly.

I suppose there's no perfect way to solve this, and as long as the sort function works, we can all get what we want.

Comment

Looking at the 8-day scan again today, I'd like to add a request. Could you somehow indicate where the game is played, or whether the game is home or away? It's helpful to know whether a game between, say, the Padres and Reds is in Petco or GABP. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by JonE View Post
            Looking at the 8-day scan again today, I'd like to add a request. Could you somehow indicate where the game is played, or whether the game is home or away? It's helpful to know whether a game between, say, the Padres and Reds is in Petco or GABP. Thanks!
            This is what the H/A indicator at the extreme left of the chart is. (Home/Away). Of course, would be more obvious if we had a label on that column.

Comment

I'll be darned, there it is. Thanks, Ray!

Comment

I am very confused by something. As an unfortunate owner of Trevor Rogers, I am planning on dropping him this week, and then I looked at the weekly matchup and he has a 1.1 vs the Phillies! Now, the Phillies have the most wins in baseball and a strong offense. I looked at various splits and they are fairly even at home and away, vs lefty and vs righty and Rogers has been terrible against basically everyone, all year.

I love this took, but I cannot for the life of me figure out why this rating is so high. I do notice that his opponent is Aaron Nola and the day is 5/10, but the phillie entry for 5/10 is TBD vs TBD and Nola is predicted to pitch on 5/8, so maybe there's a massive glitch? can I assume the Trevor Rogers is not a massive favorite to have a great game that day?
                10 team NL Only 5x5 auction keeper league, 20-25% inflation each year. $330 in-season salary cap

Comment

Maybe because the Phillies have more lefties than many teams, especially their best hitters, and Rogers has been much better against LHB this season as well as historically. Also, Rogers' historical data is probably still a big amount of his matchup score. And maybe the score is accounting for his elevated H%.

Do I know how that adds up to a 1.1 matchup score? I do not, but that's my working assumption (as a fellow Rogers owner).

Comment

AL/NL filter is broken. NL sometimes seems OK, sometimes mixes in a few AL teams (interleague I think). Today showing next few Mil games, hiding several farther out (that appear correctly with MLB)

Comment

Originally posted by kez View Post
                      AL/NL filter is broken. NL sometimes seems OK, sometimes mixes in a few AL teams (interleague I think). Today showing next few Mil games, hiding several farther out (that appear correctly with MLB)
                      Yeah, it's doing the AL/NL split based on home park, which sometimes is wrong for interleague games. We'll get that cleaned up.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post

Yeah, it's doing the AL/NL split based on home park, which sometimes is wrong for interleague games. We'll get that cleaned up.
                        This is fixed.

Comment

Working...
                        X