Player Link Pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player Link Pages

So when I look up both Dylan Lee and Nick Sandlin - both which have pitched 3-4 innings this year - why are their total innings equal to their projected balance? the innings pitched plus projected balance should equal total balance. On those players projected balance = total balance and what they've done YTD is not calculated.

Originally posted by Snider View Post
    So when I look up both Dylan Lee and Nick Sandlin - both which have pitched 3-4 innings this year - why are their total innings equal to their projected balance? the innings pitched plus projected balance should equal total balance. On those players projected balance = total balance and what they've done YTD is not calculated.
    The projections are still full-season projections. We are not yet debiting them for percent of the season complete, nor merging them with YTD stats. We have never done that for the first couple of weeks of the season, primarily to keep the projections at full-season as a convenience to people drafting late, like this weekend. This will change sometime in the coming week.

Comment

Is the coming week - this week? Will the CSV Download be revised from full season projections to rest of season projections at the same time?

Here is another generic question I have wondered about? Let's say you have a projection for a particular player but through some time he is clearly exceeding that expectation. At what point would you normally change your view of what that player could do for the full season that might be somewhat different than your original projection? The question would also relate to players who should have their original projection revised downward as well? Are you more apt to revise upward sooner or downward or neither? Thanks
      Last edited by Snider; 04-10-2024, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Yes, I expect the CSV to change to balance-of-season this week.

For your second question, the balance-of-season projections handle that automatically. As the YTD sample grows, weighting of the projection shifts away from our pre-season baseline projection and more toward the in-season sample. You'll see very little or no change when we first go to balance-of-season projections, as the in-season sample is so small. But if new performance (good or bad) continues, it will start to affect the projection going forward. All of that happens automatically, so while I will sometimes alter the baseline projection to speed that process along, the vast majority of the time I don't have to touch anything.

Comment

Projections have been changed to balance-of-season as of this morning.

Comment

Ray - Sorry I don't see that on my screen. I just pulled up Jorge Alcala and this is what is being shown on my screen

(A) Actual to date = 6.1 innings
            (B) Projected Balance = 33.0 innings
            (C) Projected Total = 33.0 innings

Either the total should be 39.1 innings or the projected balance should be 26.2 innings if you keep the projected total equal to 33.0 innings. If the actual to date (A) is > 0 then A+B= C not A+B=B.

thanks

Comment

Ah, yes, that's the last missing piece. But the projections are all now balance-of-season, not full-season. We'll get that projected total adjusted.

Comment

So I just want to make sure I'm not missing something. As of tonight - actual to date + projected balance does not yet equal to projected total on the individual player link pages. If that is correct - why does that seem to be taking a little while to complete?

Comment

Elehuris Montero's player page is out of sorts. His in season stats are non existent.

says "NOT AUTHORIZED"
                  Last edited by teddyballgame; 04-16-2024, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Thank you - the Player Link Pages look great!! Thank you again.

Comment

Yeah, sorry, I'm travelling this week so I've been behind on posting updates. But this is done, yes.

Comment

Working...
                      X