Changes to the depth charts / projections download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes to the depth charts / projections download

I'm disappointed so far. The one thing that set BBHQ apart for me was the projections download: particularly rosters and pt estimates. Pre-change, the projections CSV files included first and last names separated and had the MLB IDs. That made possible to pair BBHQ data with Scoresheet player numbers. None of that is now possible. Fortunately for this year, I had pre-change downloads and most of the pairings completed, and so am able to cobble together updated pages for my Scoresheet drafts. That won't work to start next year if there are not further additions to the new reports. But beyond the columns on a report, two great things that set BBHQ depth charts apart were the quickness of updates, and the easy ability to look and decide if I agreed and/or how BBHQ was reporting position battles. I find the new depth charts harder to look-at but more importantly they out of date. It might not matter to many customers whether Nick Ahmed and Mason Black are listed, but to me as I prepare for two very deep Scoresheet live drafts this weekend, it is important. I see that other sites have updated to show who will likely start in the Giants rotation and at least one site already has Cease with the Padres (trade announced just today). I use the Giants to check for confidence, other customers would use their favorite team. If I know the Giants depth chart is weeks out of date, I certainly can't have confidence in reported pt for the Brewers or other teams far away. The columns on a report can be fixed and I'll watch for that. But the delay in updating rosters feels like cost-saving staff reduction and it is noticeable.

We've never represented ourselves to be a real-time new service. Cease will be listed with SD tomorrow. I'll refresh the projection during the day.

You're right about Ahmed, we should have that updated already. Not at all a cost-cutting measure, though... we have the same network of guys on those team beats as we've had for years, inevitably things get missed sometimes. The forum denizens here, like you, are a great extra set of eyes for that sort of thing.

And yeah, I can get IDs back in the CSV of the depth charts. You're the first person to ask for that.

Comment

You have an article today highlighting JD Davis going to Oakland. You have him being allocated 80% playing time at 3b. But you still have him at zeroes across the board with his projections and under the CSV download. When can we expect to have his playing time translate into projections that we can use? How long at this point does it take for playing time to be translated into projections that we can put into our spreadsheets? In February with not many drafts taking place - the lag time didn’t matter too much. Many drafts are taking place now and I would expect the changes would be no longer than overnight. In other words if the transaction happened yesterday - it would be fully reflected today. It used to happen like that pre change. I relied solely on BHQ for that type of quick service in the past. Thank you.
      Last edited by Snider; 03-16-2024, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Again, we are NOT a real-time news service. Davis news broke last night. I happened to have a draft last night. We wrote the article this morning with the PT adjustment. But I have not run a projections update since that change was made. That will happen this afternoon. None of this is new-site-related. You can expect up to 24 hours for a change to ripple through all of our systems. I try to make it tighter than that at this time of year, but I also do not spend 24/7 in front of the computer, even in March.

Comment

Davis projection is updated in Playerlink now. It won't hit the CSV download center until tomorrow AM.

Comment

Working...
          X