• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Ray!

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

I posted the site update today... keeper values and force positions are next up. Techies are still grinding away at them.

Comment

Thanks for the update.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
            I posted the site update today... keeper values and force positions are next up. Techies are still grinding away at them.
            Is there an ETA? Draft coming up this weekend
            Jeff

Comment

I don’t want to make promises for the techies, but we know a lot of you need this before the weekend.

Comment

Will all the keepers we entered save for future use? My league has a lot of keepers so it was pretty disappointing to enter 130 keeper salaries only to find the CDG doesn't reflect inflation (mine has Mookie Betts valued at only $23 in a 5x5 league with lots of value keepers and a $280 budget...seems like the opposite of inflation is occurring).

Comment

Yes, once you input keepers they'll stay until you remove them. (Just make sure to click 'Save Settings' at the bottom of the page). Techies are working hard to get inflation calc working properly.

Comment

Ray - thanks to you and your tech gurus for all their hard work. I had really hoped the CDG was gonna save me from paying for RotoLab this year. But after our first couple rounds of discussions when I started this thread, and knowing my draft was tomorrow 3/18, I hate to admit it but I bailed. I immediately went back to RotoLab and, as usual, their stuff worked like a charm. I love their customizability, etc, but mostly I love them because they use your #s.

Toady I checked back, and saw your message that inflation issues had been fixed. So I just finished another test w/ 83 keepers - loaded in my AL-Only 12-teamer - then compared the CDG "$Val" to RotoLab's to compare inflation values. CDG doesn't reveal it's overall inflation %, and doesn't show separate pitcher / hitter inflation %s, but the CDG inflated values for players remaining in the pool are pretty darn close (in most cases) to RotoLab's.

CDG is weirdly significantly higher (>$5) on some players (+$5 on Corey Seager, +$7 for Daulton Varsho, +$5 Bregman), and I can't figure out why since both pieces of software are using identical statistical inputs and I used the "balanced" weighting. Most everyone else in the top 30 available bats are w/in +/- $2 ) I didn't check any further below that.

Anyway, thanks again for you and the team's dedication. This is a nice feature.

Comment

There are way too many bells and whistles, levers, weights on both sides to ever get your CDG values to exactly match Rotolab. That was true on the old site, and it's true here. Sorry we were so late getting the keeper inflation working here, but it's good to go now.

Comment

c'mon guys - you have Ray MURPHY in action on St. Patrick's Day?

NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
                        our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
                        a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

Comment

Now that you mention it, it's not a terrible analogy to think of St. Ray as driving the serpents out of the CDG...

Comment

Working...
                          X