CDG scoring category set-up question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDG scoring category set-up question

5x5 auction roto league. We have decided to modify our saves category to include holds. The formula we use is (2 x saves) + holds - blown saves. The out-of-the box categories that include holds seem to overemphasize them. Is there a way to mimic that by weighting multiple in the CDG? It wouldn’t need to be perfect, just a reasonable approximation so I can get a sense of how much this will impact the value of closers? I’ve played around some, but what I end up with seems to either over or under emphasize saves, at least compared to my expectations (which could certainly be wrong). Thanks.
    Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless.
    -- Kenny Powers

There's something about underdogs that really inspires the unexceptional.
    -- Robert California

What about using the net relief category (Sv + Hld - BS) AND the Saves category, each weighted at 0.5 (and all other categories weighted at 1)? That should get you what you want.

Comment

I found the same issue for the values in a league weights holds and saves equally. We use QS+W for starters and W+SV+H for relievers. when I used the CDG and put in all of my inputs everything seemed to work well. I ran it a couple of days ago and relievers were very much undervalued relative to what they were before and my expectations. Closers were valued at just a couple of dollars and in some cases negative. i was going to bring up the issue but decided to forget it until the post above. Any thoughts as to how to get believable values for relievers in a league that uses holds and saves equally? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
        What about using the net relief category (Sv + Hld - BS) AND the Saves category, each weighted at 0.5 (and all other categories weighted at 1)? That should get you what you want.
        I tried that, but it values all relievers at “NV”. I could well be doing something wrong though. It’s been known to happen.

Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless.
        -- Kenny Powers

There's something about underdogs that really inspires the unexceptional.
        -- Robert California

Comment

2XSv+Holds is now included as a category. No more workarounds needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tennessee_ATO View Post

I tried that, but it values all relievers at “NV”. I could well be doing something wrong though. It’s been known to happen.
            I don't think you are doing anything wrong, because I got the same result. But then I tried adding Relief (SV + H) and Blown Saves, all 11 categories weighted as 1, and got positive values for relievers. Try that as a workaround, while Ray adds this to the list of CDG fixes.

Comment

I've reported this.

Comment

Working...
              X