Issue With New Projections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue With New Projections

Okay, so this is a two-parter. One's a complaint, the other's a question.

Complaint: On the player link pages, you're now showing Plate Appearances, and not At Bats. I have no issue with PA, but you need to show ABs, too. For those of us who compare HQ projections with other projections, we need to be able to do apples-to-apples. Further, you're not showing amount of BBs, either. So even if one wanted to deduct BBs from PA to arrive at ABs, it's not possible. Instead you're left with a BB%, which isn't as simple or easy to calculate with. I appreciate you have a nice, new, bigger easy to read font, etc., but what I'm mostly interested in information. I'd like a lot more detailed stats on these pages, these are looking like bare minimum.

Question: Why aren't the projections matching what I'm downloading from Rotolab? I just downloaded the most recent Rotolab update -- 2/13 -- and the numbers aren't the same as what's on the site. They're not off by a lot, but they're not the same. For example, Gleyber Torres on Rotolab is showing 69 RBIs and 12 ABs, but on the site, it's showing 68 RBIs and 11 ABs, but BA and HR are the same for both. But ABs are 556 on the Rotolab Download, and 554 on the site. (Of course, I had to go to projections to find the ABs, since they're not on the Playerlink page

Now I know these differences aren't huge, but, well, there shouldn't be any. It's also hard to imagine that these projections would have been tweaked at all in the last day or so. This might be a Rotolab syncing problem with the newly designed site, and therefore a Rotolab problem. But I've never encountered this before and you have just updated the site, so...

And FYI, Torres is just a sample pulled by random. I'm finding this with many other players. What's going on?

Thanks!

1. Yes, we'll add ABs back to PLink.

2. Merv and I are working through some issues with our new projection format. His last couple of updates have been news and transactions/player statuses, but not projections changes. That should resolve today.

Comment

Thanks for updating projections with ABs ! Is there any way to also include BBs? I know you have BB%, but an actual number for BBs would be helpful and appreciated, too. Thanks!

Comment

Don't forget the PA is not just AB+BB. It also includes HBP, Sac Flies & Sac Bunts. Rizzo and several others get hit a lot. Even Yordan gets hit 10-12 times a season.

Comment

We don’t project HBP, SF or SH, so we can’t include those in the files.

Will check on adding BB.

Comment

Working...
          X