CVS Download PA is all messed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CVS Download PA is all messed up

My league uses PA. Until today, BBHQ did not give PA projections. PA=AB+BB+HBP+SH+SB. A simple formula but with several parts not normally used in fantasy and therefore not supplied on BBHQ. But they can be projected based on history with each player having his on number but this process is really imperfect.. I downloaded the American League hitters and examined those players with 200 or more ABs. There were 198 such players. 36 of them had 5+ fewer PA assigned than the sum of their AB+BB. That is hard to explain. I may be the only person who needs PA so maybe it should be removed if it cannot be trusted.
    Last edited by viper; 02-07-2024, 09:40 PM.

I'll take a closer look and report back. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Actually, the projections are messed up in the web pages too.

Check out Colby Mayo.

CSV shows him projected for 21 hits in 30 AB (.700 average!). With 6 doubles and 3 HR, so 36 TB, which ought to be a 1.200 SLG, but the CSV shows 0.167.

CSV also shows him with 12 walks, so a 33/52 = .786 OBP. But it also shows him with 102 PA?!?!?

And CSV shows his OPS as 1.952. This sort of implies that the SLG used to calculate OPS is 1.167 (rather than 0.167).

Mayo's player card and his projection on the 2024 MLB Hitter Projections page is consistent with what is in the CSV.

* 10-team AL-only, auction ($260 budget), 2 yr contracts wi/toppers, max 13 freezes, $100 FAAB with weekly auctions, 4x4 with hybrid categories
      * 14H/9P (+8 reserve draft), with liberal movement between active and reserve rosters
      * Hitting: OBP, HR, RP, BADV = SB+2B+2*3B
      * Pitching: ERA, SV+HLD, QIP = 2*IP-baserunners, WQG = W+QO+CG (
      QO = 5/6/8 IP with 2/3/4 ER or fewer)

Comment

And there are lots of players projected for negative AB (can be seen on the projections page too... do an ascending sort by AB).
        Last edited by Timmeh49; 02-08-2024, 08:34 AM.
        * 10-team AL-only, auction ($260 budget), 2 yr contracts wi/toppers, max 13 freezes, $100 FAAB with weekly auctions, 4x4 with hybrid categories
        * 14H/9P (+8 reserve draft), with liberal movement between active and reserve rosters
        * Hitting: OBP, HR, RP, BADV = SB+2B+2*3B
        * Pitching: ERA, SV+HLD, QIP = 2*IP-baserunners, WQG = W+QO+CG (
        QO = 5/6/8 IP with 2/3/4 ER or fewer)

Comment

Will check all of this out, thanks for the extra eyes.

Comment

Working...
          X