No announcement yet.

Coming VERY soon: our all-new web site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming VERY soon: our all-new web site!

BaseballHQ.com subscribers,

Exciting news: As we first disclosed in an article back in December, we are soon to be migrating to a completely redesigned and modern web site! Now almost two months since we teased that news, we are now in the late stages of planning and testing the new site, and expect to make the switch in the coming days.
    We wanted to give you some advance notice, for a couple of reasons:
    • First, while we are incredibly excited about our new home, we recognize that significant changes like this can be disruptive. Ideally, we would have made this change earlier in the offseason, but these things tend to run on their own timelines. We're confident the transition and the adjustment will be quick, but we wanted to spread the word in advance to minimize the surprise factor.
    • Second, and most importantly, you are going to have some homework. As part of the transition, every subscriber will need to create a new BaseballHQ account. Don't worry, we're migrating your subscription status, etc., as part of the change. But we can't carry over your BaseballHQ username and password; you'll need to generate fresh credentials on the new site. We'll send more detailed instructions as we get closer to the cutover.
    That's it for now! We can't wait to have you visit us at the new site. More details to come... very soon!

Brent Hershey & Ray Murphy
    co-GMs, BaseballHQ.com

FYI, just sent the above email to all subscribers.... not everyone gets our emails, so wanted to post it here too.

The forums will not be changing as part of this upgrade. Down the road, we will likely be able to link forum accounts to site accounts, but we'll wait til things settle down before tackling that.

At the risk of raising expectations too high... the new site is really fantastic. You're going to love it.

Comment

thanks, Ray !

any chance that the mystifying separation of access and passwords for the HQ site and for the HQ Forums is now a thing of the past?

asking for a friend....

NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
      our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
      a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Howie M View Post
        thanks, Ray !

any chance that the mystifying separation of access and passwords for the HQ site and for the HQ Forums is now a thing of the past?

asking for a friend....

I mentioned that above, apparently just not clearly. Not touching the forums as part of this, but you are going to have to set up new site accounts. We will eventually be able to make the forums work off of those new site accounts. But we're going to wait a while before we get into that.

Comment

I remember an upgrade here years ago that did not go so well. Are you testing the upgrade in a test environment? Please do!
          Red

Comment

Originally posted by Red View Post
            I remember an upgrade here years ago that did not go so well. Are you testing the upgrade in a test environment? Please do!
            Of course. I think you're remembering a forum upgrade, which was problematic because we didn't have a test version of the forums. But we've been testing the new site for weeks. I can't promise it's going to be 100% smooth... it's a major project. But we're confident any bumps will be short-term.

Comment

That is good to hear!
              Red

Comment

LOL - Any chance you can get USAToday and the European Union to both buy into the new site?

Comment

Originally posted by bluester View Post
                  Any chance you can get USAToday and the European Union to both buy into the new site?
                  the word is out: blue star loves european union

Comment

Originally posted by bluester View Post
                    LOL - Any chance you can get USAToday and the European Union to both buy into the new site?
                    Working on reuniting with the EU folks, actually. Won't happen immediately with the new site launch, but hopefully it will happen.

Comment

Ray (and Team) -- thank you for the site update. One of the tools I used (a lot) were the historical notes "news" on particular players.
                      The "News" tab was usually found to the right of "Historical" tab.
                      That seems to be gone, or at least moved to a place I can't find.

Can you please point me in the right direction to find all the historical notes/comments/mews on individual players? Here is a sample:

I guess what I am saying is, under "content" I see a few recent posts. But ALL the historical posts (hint: Nickrand comments, the original player rating when they were brought up, facts & flukes columns, etc are not found.

Thanks, in advance.

Screenshot 2024-02-04 at 6.21.28 PM.png
                      "so why don't you make like a tree... and get out of here..."

Comment

Go to Content. Then you have links to mentions of the player

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler View Post
                          Go to Content. Then you have links to mentions of the player
                          Yes, thank you. However - ALL the historical posts (hint: Nickrand comments, Chris Blessing comments, Eyes have It, the original player rating when they were brought up, facts & flukes columns, etc) - are not found.​

Any idea / plans to bring these back?
                          "so why don't you make like a tree... and get out of here..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biff View Post

Yes, thank you. However - ALL the historical posts (hint: Nickrand comments, Chris Blessing comments, Eyes have It, the original player rating when they were brought up, facts & flukes columns, etc) - are not found.​

Any idea / plans to bring these back?
                            Hear! Hear! Bill's comments.
                            The News tab was invaluable. Please resurrect it.

Comment

+1

Comment

Working...
                              X