Prospect - Grade Distribution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prospect - Grade Distribution

Ray - Do you have any idea regarding the distribution of grades amongst the prospects? In other words if a prospect has a number grade that goes from 5 to 10 and the letter grade goes from A-E what percentage of prospects are 5A, 6A, 7A, 8A, 9A, 10A - 5B, 6B, 7B, 8B, 9B, 10B and so on? Maybe you don't have it stratified that detailed but maybe you have the percentage of prospects who have a number grade of 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 and so on. The reason why I am asking this question is to try and figure out how impressive an 8 graded prospect is versus a 7 graded prospect. As an example is an 8 graded prospect in the top 20 percentile of prospects? Thank you

I haven't done this recently, but the spreadsheet downloads that we post with the MLBA would make this pretty easy to determine. Just keep in mind that the MLBA only covers the top ~1000 or so prospects (and our top 15s on the site cover 450 of that 1000), so most of the 6-and-lower group (ie the non-prospect filler guys) aren't actually rated in writing unless/until they get a callup report.

Comment

Thank you very much. Where would i be able to download that spreadsheet. I've been with you for so long and thought i knew how to do everything on the site but I'm stumped on this one. Thank you Ray.

Comment

If you bought MLBA book, it's part of the electronic files package that came with the PDF version.

Comment

I had the spreadsheet handy:

image.png
          * 10-team AL-only, auction ($260 budget), 2 yr contracts wi/toppers, max 13 freezes, $100 FAAB with weekly auctions, 4x4 with hybrid categories
          * 14H/9P (+8 reserve draft), with liberal movement between active and reserve rosters
          * Hitting: OBP, HR, RP, BADV = SB+2B+2*3B
          * Pitching: ERA, SV+HLD, QIP = 2*IP-baserunners, WQG = W+QO+CG (
          QO = 5/6/8 IP with 2/3/4 ER or fewer)

Comment

Originally posted by Timmeh49 View Post
            I had the spreadsheet handy:

image.png
            I'm just looking for a bingo!

Comment

Working...
            X