CDG - Strider at $5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDG - Strider at $5?

CDG Settings for 5x5, 12 team, NL only, standard rosters except 10 pitchers. Spencer Strider comes in at $5? Thought maybe he got hurt or something. I don't see any news and his profile in Pitcherlink has him at $29. (ERA, WHIIP, Ks, Ws, SVs). CDG does have the same projecting 14W, 239 ks, 3.05 ERA, 1.00 WHIP. That seems like a bug to me.

For comparison, CDG for my league has Scherzer at $34, Fried at $31, Burnes at $29. Shouldn't Strider be in this neighborhood?
    One more thing, I had it set for Top Players, changed it to balanced and Strider still comes in at $5. Checked all the settings, they are as stated for my league.
    Last edited by eiger; 03-05-2023, 09:29 PM. Reason: Edited for changing valuation method.

Re-check your settings. I just did a CDG with pitching at 34% and Strider came in at $30.
    "What we need in the United Stated is not hatred; what we need in the United States is not violence and lawlessness but is love, and wisdom and compassion toward one another and a feeling of justice toward those who still suffer within our country, whether they be white or whether they be black." -- Robert F. Kennedy, April 4, 1968, from a flatbed truck in Indianapolis, as he informed the crowd of the death of Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Are you using any negative weights? If you play around with the signs for the weights sometimes you will wonky rankings. Check this note -Select the stats used scoring in your league. A negative weight will reverse the "standard" sorting of a category.
      For example, -1 for Hitting Strikeouts will place the most value in the players with the most strikeouts
      while -1 for Hitting RBI will place the most value in the players with the fewest RBI.
      Points are the literal points. Players are valued at the point amount entered times their projected stats.

Comment

Besides a non-standard/negative category, the other possibility here is that you have Use Keepers turned on, and Strider has a keeper price of $5. I agree with Phil, I just ran a CDG for a 15-team mixed and got Strider up in the top tier of SP where he should be. Double-check your inputs, eiger.

Comment

RAY@HQ Nailed it! I DO have use keepers and I DO have Strider at $5. Was playing around with using it this year, never have in the past so I did not know that it will list the keeper salary vs value. Many thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X