ETA for Projections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ETA for Projections

I am sure this gets asked every year, but when will the first set of projections be posted online?
    12 Team 5X5 NL-Only Auction Keeper League, $280 Cap, 14 hitters, 11 pitchers

I'm aiming for this Friday 12/16, but guessing it will take through the weekend to get the initial gremlins out of the system.

Comment

Blocking off the entire day! One of my favorite milestones of the year.....

Comment

Pumping the brakes here... I'm running behind in preparing my offline files. So it definitely won't be early tomorrow.

Comment

Will the projections be ready on Saturday the 17th?

Comment

Yes, as you can see from the banner on the side, updates are in process. One of the things that needs to happen in this process is that we essentially re-archive our entire history of statistics, going back to 2003. That obviously gets a little bigger every year/takes a little longer. That ran overnight last night, seems to be done now but we're just checking things over.

I've got projections ready offline and ready to upload. They'll be up soon... definitely this afternoon.

Comment

Thanks for all your and your team's hard work putting these together Ray.

I don't know about anyone else, but this is always like an early Christmas present for me (along with the Forecaster book) and I feel like a little kid again waiting up for Santa.

Comment

Originally posted by watershark1967 View Post
                Thanks for all your and your team's hard work putting these together Ray.

I don't know about anyone else, but this is always like an early Christmas present for me (along with the Forecaster book) and I feel like a little kid again waiting up for Santa.
                I appreciate the excitement, believe me. It's a big milestone for us, too.

Just to level expectations, as always: there will be some weird stuff in the first set. No matter how much I review offline, data issues become much easier to spot once they get posted to the site. I'll iterate through the cleanup as quickly as I can... there will be repeated refreshes of the projections today and tomorrow, for sure. I'm planning an article on the site for Monday that details the state of the projections and some details about how we're handling the new rules, etc. Bottom line: this is the start of a process of a process. Don't treat these first versions as being carved in stone tablets or anything.

Comment

Understood. Will you be creating a thread for people to post any "statistical anomalies" they may find?

Comment

Yeah, after I get through the first phase of cleanup, I'll turn it over to the wisdom of the crowd.

Comment

Ray - I only see a partial list of a very few amount of players/hitters. I am sure you are still trying to upload everyone but it starts with Andrus and ends with Votto. Thank you.

Comment

Ignore everything you see until I post here that it's available.

Comment

OK, I think we're finally in business now. Initial data is fully loaded. Post your questions/comments in this new thread.

Thanks for your patience. This took a little longer than expected, but we got there.

Comment

Woo-hoo, ran my 1sr CDG

Comment

Working...
                            X