Missing Active Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Active Players

Gunnar Henderson has 28 ABs and is among quite a few actively rostered players who are not in the ROS Stats. When can we expect an update?

I had done my normal weekly update over the weekend, but forgot to upload it to the site. Sorry about that. Should look better in the morning.

Comment

I notice that there are still a number of players like this who are not appearing in the Custom Draft Guide. It appears to my eye that anyone with a projection of fewer than 20 ABs or fewer than 6 IP does not appear in the CDG. Is that right? Just trying to figure out when to use one or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by JonE View Post
        I notice that there are still a number of players like this who are not appearing in the Custom Draft Guide. It appears to my eye that anyone with a projection of fewer than 20 ABs or fewer than 6 IP does not appear in the CDG. Is that right? Just trying to figure out when to use one or the other.
        I don't recall off the top of my head, but that is possible. If you see a guy with playing time projected in PLink or on the static projection files but isn't showing up in the CDG, that's a likely explanation.

CDG gets really problematic as a tool at this point in the year, because dollar values get so wonky as the stat pool decreases. (This was mentioned in the GM's Office piece today.)

Comment

I totally understand. But when I run the CDG, I look at the stat projections as well as the dollar projections. If Oswald Peraza, to take a random example, shows up in my free agent pool and isn't in the CDG, I still need to decide whether he can help me -- how much PT is he likely to get, and is he more likely to help me with BA, SB, R, HR, or RBI... or none of the above. Knowing that he is likely to be in the projection files gives me a clue about how to make those decisions. Thanks.

Comment

Yeah, I definitely need to look into why anyone would get excluded from the CDG. I agree, I'm not sure that's the behavior we want.

Comment

esteban quiroz has 18 AB.. unless you look him up on this site, he has ZERO

Comment

Originally posted by teddyballgame View Post
                esteban quiroz has 18 AB.. unless you look him up on this site, he has ZERO
                Thanks for flagging, that's a weird one. Looks like a mismatched player ID between this guy and another with same name in our database. I *think* I've fixed it, but will need to wait for tomorrow AM's stat run to confirm.

Comment

Working...
                X