Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin Hays Age

I hope noting this is Tech Support area is ok,
    Austin Hays is 26, turning 27 on July 5.
    On BBHQ he's "27" - not a big difference obviously.
    Baseball Ref lists the players age as of June 30 that season, so Age 26 for Hays, does the BBHQ data base do something else, or is this just an error?

I ask because of a trade offer in a dynasty league, and my poor team is at least 2 years out from contending.

Thanks!

Interesting. You guys are good at finding obscure issues lately!

Here's what I think is happening:
    - we correctly have Hays as 26 in the Forecaster. That's based on age as of 7/1 (just like BB-Ref).
    - on the site, we generally set a date for 1H/2H stat splits. That date is Mon, July 4th this year. I'm guessing that's also what the site is using for the bday cutoff, which puts Hays right on the wrong side of that line.

I don't have time to look at the moment, but if we could find someone with a 7/3 birthday, that would hopefully confirm my hypothesis.

Comment

Chris Flexen on July 1 is "wrong" Trea Turner on June 30 is Right. Benintendi is "wrong" on July 6. Franmil on July 7 is right.
      Interesting, Thanks for looking at it.

Comment

...surely we all have better ways to spend out time that this?

Comment

Originally posted by kcbbfan View Post
          Chris Flexen on July 1 is "wrong" Trea Turner on June 30 is Right. Benintendi is "wrong" on July 6. Franmil on July 7 is right.
          Interesting, Thanks for looking at it.
          That just confuses me more. I'll dig into it this weekend.

Comment

Working...
          X