Missing scrolling tabs on front page for each day's posted stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing scrolling tabs on front page for each day's posted stories

Does this make sense? They went away for some reason. Now I need to sit there and wait for it to scroll through segments that don't mean anything to me and/or can't scroll thru to see if there's anything new.

Can we have those back?
    There's no such thing as a stupid question. Just stupid people who ask questions.
    www.b3ta.com/beer

Sorry, not following. Can you explain further? We haven’t changed anything on the home page.

Comment

FOLLOWING UP: OK, I Figured out the what but not the why. On the front page, the carousel at the top that links to each day's story. What I'm missing aren't scrolling arrows (since you never had them), but the nav dots at the bottom of the image. First story has the first circle filled in with the rest empty... it scrolls to the second story and the second circle is filled in. It just gives you a way to control the image on the carousel once you've seen all the images and want to know where you want to navigate.

When I use my bookmark to get to HQ, the site comes up and the navigation circles aren't there on any of the pictures. So they scroll, but I have no way to navigate or control them and just need to wait till an image comes back if I want to read a story but didn't click on it. But when I use a link from an email to navigate to HQ, they're there.

I tried clearing my cache and deleting all browser data (I use chrome) on a Lenovo IdeaPad running windows 10 home, but the problem remains. I'm guessing this is a me problem and not a you problem and it's not that big a deal now that I know the workaround. Just wanted to follow up since you took the time to reply and on the outside chance that someone else is having the same problem.

Cheers,

Waxies (Dan)
      There's no such thing as a stupid question. Just stupid people who ask questions.
      www.b3ta.com/beer

Comment

So everything is fine when you use a link from one of our emails, but the problems arise when you use you bookmark? What's the exact content of your bookmark? If it's anything other than straight "www.baseballhq.com', change it to just that main address, and see if that helps.

Lots of people have bookmarks like "baseballhq.com/members" or something similar, left over from our old site 10+ years ago. If you have that, you don't need it, and it might be part of the problem here.

Comment

Damn Ray, that was exactly it. Changed it and it worked. Have a beer and put it on my tab.

Thanks!
          www.b3ta.com/beer

Comment

Wow, glad we figured that one out! I'll file that away for the future....

Comment

Working...
            X