Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did something change in the CDG for pitchers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did something change in the CDG for pitchers?

I ask, because for the past week or so (maybe more), the values I get for pitchers are much more top-heavy than they have been and I don't think I'm using anything different than normal.

My league parameters are 5x5 with OBP, 11 team, NL only, 60% hitting.

The top ten pitchers are:
    Buehler $43
    Scherzer $41
    Burnes $40
    deGrom $37
    Woodruff $35
    Hader $35
    Urias $33
    Nola $31
    Wheeler $30
    Diaz $28

I'm just curious - 2 months ago, Diaz (for instance) had a CDG of about $16 or so, but now I'm thinking of keeping him @ $30.
    10 team NL Only 5x5 auction keeper league, 20-25% inflation each year. $330 in-season salary cap

No, nothing changed in terms of algorithm. Your values look a couple of bucks higher than what I get in the CDG (change your bench spots to zero, most likely cause), but I get Diaz at 26.94.

Most likely, you're seeing the effect of the player pool and projected PT% and SV% tightening in the pool as we refine the projections based on player movement, etc.

Comment

Thanks, that must be it. 2 weeks ago, the projections had the uncertainty you would expect in November in a normal offseason, before you guys even release them
      10 team NL Only 5x5 auction keeper league, 20-25% inflation each year. $330 in-season salary cap

Comment

That's all I can think of, but it does seem like a pretty dramatic change in your values.

Also, 40% pitching budget seems dramatic. too

Comment

oh - that might be it. I don't generally pay attention to that closely... maybe I changed it at some point and didn't really notice. set it up 67% hitting and the numbers make more sense to me.

Comment

Working...
          X