Mobile app for forums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile app for forums?

Is there a mobile app compatible with the new forum software? I used to use Tapatalk Pro but I can't seem to get the new forums to load.

I'll check into this (or, I'll ask MikeK@HQ to do so)... we probably broke Tapatalk with the January forum upgrade, but that should be fixable. I seem to recall that we also got some kind of native mobile app as part of that upgrade though. Will report back here...

Comment

Let me check into getting taptalk working again... the whole interface should be mobile friendly though if you just navigate to our URL and bookmark it !

Comment

Originally posted by MikeK@HQ View Post
        Let me check into getting taptalk working again... the whole interface should be mobile friendly though if you just navigate to our URL and bookmark it !
        Mike, the site is mobile friendly but I'm hoping the old Tapatalk feature of "Mark as read" will work in the app. That allows the user to read every thread title containing a new post, read any threads of interest, and then quickly mark all other threads as read so they fall off the unread list. Plus the overall in app experience is superior than in a mobile browser. That's not a dig at BHQ but mobile technology as a whole. Thanks for looking into it!

Comment

I have also noticed that the Forum home page has just started showing the dark blue icons that mean "unread messages in this channel" in EVERY channel, even ones that I have marked "mark this channel read." If anyone else is having this problem, can we maybe ask Mike to look into that too?

(Also, has anyone figured out how to make the default font size bigger?)

Comment

Originally posted by JonE View Post
            I have also noticed that the Forum home page has just started showing the dark blue icons that mean "unread messages in this channel" in EVERY channel, even ones that I have marked "mark this channel read." If anyone else is having this problem, can we maybe ask Mike to look into that too?

(Also, has anyone figured out how to make the default font size bigger?)
            That's not happening for me. If I go and mark a particular channel read, then the dark blue mark goes gray the next time I go to Forums Home.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post

That's not happening for me. If I go and mark a particular channel read, then the dark blue mark goes gray the next time I go to Forums Home.
              Re: JonE's issue I'm seeing it as well but only for certain forums. For example, the AL and NL forums behave properly but I can't get Think Tank or the Commish forum to not be dark blue.

Comment

I just started seeing JonE's issue as well in the past couple of days, but similar to Riverdome, it's only some of the forums. The ones that are "stuck" on dark blue even if I mark the channels read are all the forums in the HQ Intelligence section except Rules and Strategy: NFBC.
                This is a test signature!

Comment

Originally posted by JonE View Post
                  This is happening to me too.

If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.
                  -Bill Lyon

Comment

Working...
                  X