Go to the last post in the Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go to the last post in the Forum

When I go to a thread, it takes me to the first post even if I've posted there. It seems like it used to take me to the last post I read. There must be an option for that but I can't find it. Thanks.
    What's the rumpus?

It's the little circle with the two down arrows immediately to the left of the thread title.

Comment

When you are in the channel, if you look to the left of the thread title, there is a tiny green arrow. Click on that and you will be transported magically to the first unread post.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
        It's the little circle with the two down arrows immediately to the left of the thread title.
        I don't have any green arrows to the left of the thread title. I do have two blue arrows and that does take me to the last read post. But they are not there on every thread.
        What's the rumpus?

Comment

Originally posted by JonE View Post
          When you are in the channel, if you look to the left of the thread title, there is a tiny green arrow. Click on that and you will be transported magically to the first unread post.
          I see a little tiny green arrow within a page icon, but clicking it does nothing. The blue arrows Larry mentioned are there and work, but they aren't on every thread. For example, in our draft thread there are no arrows at all.
          What's the rumpus?

Comment

I don't see the double arrows in any thread on the HQ-Sponsored Subscriber Leagues section. Maybe they aren't used in that section? They do work in the other sections.
            What's the rumpus?

Comment

OK, I see the double arrows on the far right of the HQ-Sponsored Subscriber Leagues and that works. Maybe it's on the far right where I have posted and on the left where I haven't? Anyway, thanks for the help!
              What's the rumpus?

Comment

Here's the explanation:

- the green arrows to the FAR right take you to the last post in the thread, whether or not you've read to that point in the thread. It's a "go to end of thread" function.
                - the blue arrows to the LEFT of the thread title go to the last UNREAD post in the thread. If those arrows aren't there on a particular thread, then you've read everything in that thread (or marked as read) already.

Comment

I don't see any arrows OR circles, except the useless green ones that Old Tom noted.
                  NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
                  our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
                  a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

Comment

Capture.JPG

Circled in red above...

Comment

I apologize. I misspoke. Reading the Forums in the early morning, without my glasses, on my tiny tablet, I mistook the green "you have a post in this thread" icon for the blue downward-double-arrow "click here to go to first unread post" icon. Listen to Ray, not to me.

Comment

Right so Rays picture is for the first unread message...if you have read all the messages you have to scroll way to the right.

Attached Files
                        "The problem with quotes found on the internet is that it is nearly impossible to verify the source." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Confirmed bankerboy's observation. The arrows at the left only appear if there is an unread post. Otherwise, you just see a document icon, and you have to use the arrows at the far right.

It would have been easier if the vBulletin programmers simply provided a default setting to view posts in date order or reverse date order.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                            It hasn’t been an issue for me, but I don’t have. Guessing it’s a safari issue.

"What we need in the United Stated is not hatred; what we need in the United States is not violence and lawlessness but is love, and wisdom and compassion toward one another and a feeling of justice toward those who still suffer within our country, whether they be white or whether they be black." -- Robert F. Kennedy, April 4, 1968, from a flatbed truck in Indianapolis, as he informed the crowd of the death of Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by PHIL@HQ View Post

It hasn’t been an issue for me, but I don’t have. Guessing it’s a safari issue.
                              Never mind, I tweaked something in my settings and I’ve got the circle.
                              "What we need in the United Stated is not hatred; what we need in the United States is not violence and lawlessness but is love, and wisdom and compassion toward one another and a feeling of justice toward those who still suffer within our country, whether they be white or whether they be black." -- Robert F. Kennedy, April 4, 1968, from a flatbed truck in Indianapolis, as he informed the crowd of the death of Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X