First Pitch Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Pitch Florida

This isn't a tech issue, per se, but in the First Pitch Florida panel on News Sources people use to gather information, there was discussion of a list of Twitter feeds by beat writers covering teams that was going to be posted, I think in the Chat section. Because I caught this segment as a recorded piece after the fact, I didn't see how to access this list. Would you know where I could find it/get it? Again, it's an accumulation of Twitter accounts by local reporters covering their teams. Thanks!

For this of us who "attended," how can we access the recorded presentations?

Comment

I added that media list to the First Pitch Arizona Command Center page, which is also where the recordings are. (Link only accessible if you registered for FPFLA).

But for everyone else, because it's an excellent resource, the panelist was Sarah Langs of MLB.com, and here is the link to her media list on Twitter.

Comment

These are the feeds Sarah Langs was mentioning? I thought she had a list of beat writers covering the MLB teams, almost so we could just make our own feed with those. These two feeds are filled with so much other sports and other things that it's very hard to suss out and focus on the MLB information. Did she supply any kind of list of the twitter feeds of local beat writers who cover MLB teams? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Stat Boy View Post
          These are the feeds Sarah Langs was mentioning? I thought she had a list of beat writers covering the MLB teams, almost so we could just make our own feed with those. These two feeds are filled with so much other sports and other things that it's very hard to suss out and focus on the MLB information. Did she supply any kind of list of the twitter feeds of local beat writers who cover MLB teams? Thanks in advance.
          I'm not sure you're looking at the right thing. I linked directly to her "Media" list, which is exactly what you described... a list she's already curated of MLB beat writers/media people, so all you have to do is subscribe once to her list, not to each individual writer yourself.

Backing up a step, maybe it's easier this way, or maybe the link didn't work right since I was already subscribed to her list:

Here's her "list of lists": https://twitter.com/SlangsOnSports/lists

Click on "Media", then click the "follow" button, and you're now following her list (and everyone on it).

But yeah, the way twitter works, there are no guarantees that's going to be an exclusively baseball feed. Writers pull double-duty on different sports, probably no shortage of baseball beat writers who will be moonlighting on NCAA hoops coverage for the next couple of weeks. And writers also regularly retweet their colleagues work, even if it's in other sports, etc. So, yeah, maintaining a "baseball-only" twitter feed is darn near impossible. But I would imagine this list will be better in April than it is today, once baseball moves to center stage.
          Last edited by RAY@HQ; 03-13-2021, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Great! Thanks, Ray. That's exactly what I was looking for. Much appreciated.

Comment

Reviving this thread to note that Sarah Langs is going to be part of the first-ever MLB game broadcast with an all-female on-air crew, which is the Orioles-Rays game slated for Tuesday, July 20, which is also MLB's Game of the Week Live on YouTube (and other platforms). She will be the color analyst, alongside Melanie Newman (the O's radio play-by-play voice) handling play-by-play and Alanna Rizzo as the field reporter.

Comment

Working...
              X