Position eligibility in CDG tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Position eligibility in CDG tool

I like the new position flexibility in the CDG. However, I do notice that players who did not play in the MLB last year do not have any valid position. In the past I believe the tool used to go to last year a player appeared - meaning that if they did not play in 2020 the tool would go to the previous year. Examples include Kirriloff and Wander Franco. This becomes hard to deal with especially if you use the grid option in CDG. In these cases the player does not show up in the tool.
    11 Team AL only 4x4 260.00

Also occurs for MLB level players who did not play last year - exmples Puig, Mancini, Haniger

When I used 20 game limit I did not see the problem but when I use the 7 game limit the problem occurs.

Comment

Interesting, nice find. We'll look into it.

Comment

Thanks for pointing this out. This should be resolved now -- if there's no data for a specific setting, it'll default to last year

Comment

Thanks a lot

Comment

Hate to be a bother but it does not appear to be 100 % accurate. Trey Mancini only shows up as first base eligible in CDG for 2021. He did not play in 2020. Based on 2019 he should be was eligible at first base and outfield. 92 games in of 56 games at first base
            Last edited by fritos; 02-14-2021, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fritos View Post
              Hate to be a bother but it does not appear to be 100 % accurate. Trey Mancini only shows up as first base eligible in CDG for 2021. He did not play in 2020. Based on 2019 he should be was eligible at first base and outfield. 92 games in of 56 games at first base
              Yeah, I don't think we ever supported a two-years back look, even under 20-game eligibliity. The way it was set up was (I think) that if there is no eligibility based on the prior season, it just defaults to what we have set as the primary position in our database.

And I actually don't think what you're suggesting is how most leagues would handle it, either. For a guy who didn't play in 2020 and is thus technically eligible nowhere, when you look back to 2019 I think most leagues would just give eligibility at the position they played the most (ie OF for Mancini), not every position they qualified at based on 2019.

Point being, that policy is going to be more league-specific than we can really account for here.

And

Comment

Interestingly, Rotolab is showing Mancini as 1b eligible. Our league follows rules Ray laid out above - if you missed a year, then position he played the most, which for Mancini would be OF.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleehrat View Post
                  Interestingly, Rotolab is showing Mancini as 1b eligible. Our league follows rules Ray laid out above - if you missed a year, then position he played the most, which for Mancini would be OF.
                  I honestly don't remember if Merv feeds that from us or calculates it on his own. I think the latter, since he's always had the # of games for eligibility configurable on his end.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleehrat View Post
                    In 2019, Mancini played 92 G in OF, 56 at 1B. . 2020 did not play. Rotolab shows him at 1B only in my setup also. Time to check with Merv.

Comment

That is correct, Ray. It is calculated within RotoLab, per league, when the league is loaded or the user clicks the Re-Qualify button under SETUP / POSITIONS.

For players that did not play any games in the previous year, the program uses his MPOS. If that field is empty, they are put at OF. That field is generally used by me, but it is usually set when the player is young and coming up through the minor league system. I generally don't review each and every player's MPOS field. Usually I try to check players that missed the previous season, but every year I miss a few players. I'll check the MPOS and it should be correct for the next projections file.

You can override the process by setting his IPOS to OF. Just get the cursor to that cell and hit the [ENTER] key, cursor down, and hit [ENTER} to accept. The mouse does not work for this. Below is the canned email I send out about the topic of MPOS, IPOS and XPOS:

==================
                      If you are in more than one league and have different rules, you can turn off the usage of those under SETUP / POSITIONS. But for this league you want to leave them on so that they are used after the edits. MPOS is mostly used by me and that may get edited by me later on. It is the base position the player would go to if no games were played. IPOS will override that, XPOS adds to the player's list.

Also, keep in mind that the Pitcher position is not really a position, but just a tag. This is usually controlled with the setting under SETUP / POSITIONS (the "Pitcher Projections Based on Projections" option). You can turn that off and set them yourself, but really they are all pitchers in most leagues and the tag (SP, MR and CL) just separates them so they can be seen more clearly on the Draft screen.
                      ==================

-Merv
                      RotoLab

Comment

Starting to see errors in CDG again. I have my eligibility parameter set for 7. A few players are showing up as eligible at a position they should not qualify. Examples include Hanser and Grandal (maybe JD Martinez). For Hanser the player profile says he played DH 1. 2B 52 and 3B as 5 for 2020. Yet in the CDG output it shows Hanser as eligible at 2B and 3B. Grandal is showing up as 1B eligible even though the player profile shows he only played 1B 6 times in 2020.

Comment

Sorry that’s Hanser Alberto

Comment

Looking into this further it looks like the tool is displaying the 5 game eligibility rather then the 7 game eligibility. I would guess it might be global for all players

Comment

Originally posted by fritos View Post
                              Looking into this further it looks like the tool is displaying the 5 game eligibility rather then the 7 game eligibility. I would guess it might be global for all players
                              Our techs are looking into this. Stay tuned...

Comment

Working...
                              X