Question on BHQ ID vs. MLB ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on BHQ ID vs. MLB ID

Do you have a master list of your BHQ ID and the corresponding MLB ID for each player? I ask because only your main projections include both and most everything else only include the BHQ ID. This can be a problem if a player isn't in projections but is in another file, so there is no way to figure out the BHQ ID without relaying on other sources besides BHQ. Thanks
    [SIZE=10px]blueboy714[/SIZE]

[I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=8px]AMBL - cumulative points league with original rules established 1977 and continuous league since 1983 (40th consecutive year in 2023)
    Lineup: Start 1-C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, Any Infielder, 3-OF, 1-OF/DH, 5-SP, 3-RP, 1-Any P and Reserves-11[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
    [I][SIZE=8px][FONT=Arial]Our point scoring system is:
    ++ Batting : R=1, H=1, 2B=1, 3B=2, HR=2, RBI=1, SB=1, CS=minus 1, BB=0.5, K=minus 0.5, E=minus 1
    ++ Pitching : W=4.5, L=minus 3, Save=4.5, Hold=3, BS=minus 3, QS=1, IP=1.5, H=minus 0.5, ER=minus 0.5, BB=minus 0.5, K=0.5 [/FONT][/SIZE][/I]

This doesn't answer your question since it doesn't have BBHQ ids, but I've found that the Player ID map is a really helpful tool for linking multiple datasets together:

A page listing all of the available tools and downloadable spreadsheets on the Smart Fantasy Baseball website.

Maybe BBHQ could reach out to Tanner Bell about including the BBHQ id in that file?

Comment

Thanks, but Smart, Crunch Time, Chadwick don't offer a complete BHQ Player ID to MLB ID list. Then again, Rotowire and Fangraphs don't have a list available of their codes to MLB ID list either. The only one that does is Baseball Prospectus, but doesn't always work well with other spreadsheets like some of the previous ones I've listed.

I wish everyone used a the same MLB ID or Baseball Reference (MLB and/or MILB) - it would make things much simpler trying to combine data.

[I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=8px]AMBL - cumulative points league with original rules established 1977 and continuous league since 1983 (40th consecutive year in 2023)
      Lineup: Start 1-C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, Any Infielder, 3-OF, 1-OF/DH, 5-SP, 3-RP, 1-Any P and Reserves-11[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
      ++ Batting : R=1, H=1, 2B=1, 3B=2, HR=2, RBI=1, SB=1, CS=minus 1, BB=0.5, K=minus 0.5, E=minus 1
      ++ Pitching : W=4.5, L=minus 3, Save=4.5, Hold=3, BS=minus 3, QS=1, IP=1.5, H=minus 0.5, ER=minus 0.5, BB=minus 0.5, K=0.5 [/FONT][/SIZE][/I]

Comment

Wait, let's back up a second. Which of our projection files doesn't have MLB ID? I thought they all did. And I just went through the mixed league files, and all of the Proj-only or Proj+YTD have both. Let me know where MLB ID is missing and I'll just get it added.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
          Wait, let's back up a second. Which of our projection files doesn't have MLB ID? I thought they all did. And I just went through the mixed league files, and all of the Proj-only or Proj+YTD have both. Let me know where MLB ID is missing and I'll just get it added.
          I just found this in my spam folder. The depth chart center CSV downloads of the batter/pitcher/AL/NL files only have 4 digit BLQID in them not 6 digit MLBID. Thanks

Comment

Oh depth chart center, not projections. Got it.

Comment

Working...
            X