using player IDs for database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using player IDs for database

I was hoping to be pointed in a direction where I can use player IDs to accumulate and update CDG numbers while also keeping my notes as I add more. This make sense? Would Microsoft Access work? Rotolab, which I use, might work, but I want to start now. Thank you in advance.
    League 1: 5 x 5 std, 15-team mixed, $260 auction,14 hitters (2 C, 2U, the rest std), 9 pitchers (no defined roles, 950 inn. min, no max), 6 bench, 8 keepers, $100 FAAB Budget, league champ '05, '15, '17 '23!

Sure, you could use Access or even just Excel. In Excel, can you just use the player ID as your lookup ID to pull in your comments every time you pull new projections?

Comment

thank you...will take some knowledge gain but I will try that.
      League 1: 5 x 5 std, 15-team mixed, $260 auction,14 hitters (2 C, 2U, the rest std), 9 pitchers (no defined roles, 950 inn. min, no max), 6 bench, 8 keepers, $100 FAAB Budget, league champ '05, '15, '17 '23!

Comment

Originally posted by grendel View Post
        thank you...will take some knowledge gain but I will try that.
        Sure, try using a resource like this:

The VLOOKUP function is one of the most popular functions in Excel. This page contains many easy to follow VLOOKUP examples.

Comment

Or a resource like this:

which is part of this series:

Comment

You mean to tell me all this time I have been missing out on the BaseballHQ Excel learning series

Comment

Originally posted by RABohms View Post
              You mean to tell me all this time I have been missing out on the BaseballHQ Excel learning series
              That should hold up pretty well, but if you try it and it's in need of a refresh, let me know and I'll try to get someone on that.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                That should hold up pretty well, but if you try it and it's in need of a refresh, let me know and I'll try to get someone on that.
                Looks good to me. I am quite comfortable with Excel but I posted an outside link for Excel vlookup formulas. Wouldn’t have done so if I knew HQ had this as well

Comment

just checked back and now see the updates to this thread...thank you kindly. time to learn.

Comment

Working...
                  X