Pitcher Matchup tool enhancement suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitcher Matchup tool enhancement suggestion

Have you guys considered creating a Pitcher Matchup tool interface that allows the user to limit the universe of pitchers?

For example, I am in a AL-only league that has weekly roster moves. So I very much appreciate the 8-day view. However, it is a bit of a pain to sift through all the data to find my starters. What would be *really* great is if I could set up a Matchup report that included only my pitchers, or, more generally, pitchers I was interested in (e.g. I'm not gonna ever sit Chris Sale, so the Matchup tool doesn't aid with that decision).
    * 10-team AL-only, auction ($260 budget), 2 yr contracts wi/toppers, max 13 freezes, $100 FAAB with weekly auctions, 4x4 with hybrid categories
    * 14H/9P (+8 reserve draft), with liberal movement between active and reserve rosters
    * Hitting: OBP, HR, RP, BADV = SB+2B+2*3B
    * Pitching: ERA, SV+HLD, QIP = 2*IP-baserunners, WQG = W+QO+CG (
    QO = 5/6/8 IP with 2/3/4 ER or fewer)

Noticed that you added links to pitcher matchups for AL only and NL only. Awesome! Thanks!
    * 10-team AL-only, auction ($260 budget), 2 yr contracts wi/toppers, max 13 freezes, $100 FAAB with weekly auctions, 4x4 with hybrid categories
    * 14H/9P (+8 reserve draft), with liberal movement between active and reserve rosters

Comment

Our tech guys are so quick that I hadn't even noticed this yet. But yes, they spotted this thread and that was the impetus. Enjoy!

Comment

I have another enhancement suggestion for the Matchup tool. I think it would be easy to implement...

Would it be possible to create aliases (or something) for the links to "Today" and "Tomorrow" such that they are bookmark friendly?

For example, the address for the 8-day link is:

This one is bookmark friendly, because whenever go to that address, I get the next 8 days.

But the "today" and "tomorrow" links seems to be hard-coded to particular dates. So if I book mark the "Today" link today, then I'll always get July 2 information.

Comment

We already have that for "today"... this works: https://www.baseballhq.com/members/t...rob?date=today

We don't have "date=tomorrow", but you're right, that should be an easy add.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
            We already have that for "today"... this works: https://www.baseballhq.com/members/t...rob?date=today

We don't have "date=tomorrow", but you're right, that should be an easy add.
            Perfect!

Nitpicker's followup: Where can I find that link (i.e. the one for "today") on the site?

Comment

That link (=today) is the one we use in the italicized intro in each Daily Matchups column.

Comment

Hi Folks -
                Here you go!
                Today: https://www.baseballhq.com/members/t...rob?date=today
                Tomorrow: https://www.baseballhq.com/members/t...?date=tomorrow

Comment

Is the pitcher matchup tool good enough to project hitters who are expected to have a subpar game? Anyone trying to use it this way already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Commodore

Comment

Working...
                  X