Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facts and Flukes Column Question

Guys,

I notice that the Facts/Flukes column has been skewing heavily towards AL players (roughly 75%/25% by my back of the envelope figuring). Is this an editorial decision to move towards coverage that emphasizes mixed league games or are the NL players just more consistent this year and less likely to need the F & F style analysis. Will there be a return to previous years' more balanced coverage during the regular season or is this a permanent move? I'm a slightly disappointed NL only league guy.

I'm not sure what the back of your envelope says, but it isn't accurate. This question has come up a couple of times lately, so here's the explanation.

We run 5 F/F articles a week. Two are fixed AL, two are fixed NL, and one (Brandon Kruse on Sundays) alternates league by week. You can see the full F/F history here (http://www.baseballhq.com/category/skills/facts-flukes) and confirm what I'm saying: we split these 50/50 by league. Because of the fixed schedule of those five articles around the one that flips, you'll occasionally get 3 articles in a row that are the same league, when Brandon is flipped to that side. But over the course of any two-week/10-article period, it always settles at 5 AL/5 NL.

Sorry if I sound sensitive here, but we pay a heck of a lot of attention to making sure we're providing equal coverage to the two leagues.

Comment

Sorry if I sound sensitive here, but we pay a heck of a lot of attention to making sure we're providing equal coverage to the two leagues.[/QUOTE]

Ray, it's okay to be sensitive, no one is happy when someone criticizes their kids. I think my perception comes from a combination of recency bias and frustration. When I see three in a row in the AL, I wonder where my league is. As well, during the time of year when I am most desirous of HQ input as I settle my freeze list and pick auction targets, it can be a bit frustrating to be without HQ analysis for what seems like forever (or three or four days). Thanks for the reply and opening my eyes.

Vince

Comment

Working...
      X