OBP in H2H Leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBP in H2H Leagues

Dylan Hedges writes on p54 of BF2017 that a consistent H2H roster should aim for, amongst other filters, an xBA of =>.280. I play in a H2H league that eschews BA for both OBP and OPS (no, I don't know why we use both either).

I'm going to punt OPS on the basis that if I can cover OBP and PX then I should do well in OPS by default. So what I need is an equivalent filter for OBP that will match .280 xBA. It doesn't seem as simple as looking for the same benchmark in OBP. If I use .370 or .375 as a filter, I get 15 and 7 players respectively using BHQ projections. That's without setting a minimum ct% of 80%.

A .280 xBA filter returns around 60 players (56 if I set a minimum AB level of 200) and a minimum OBP of .345 will also return that amount (57 to be precise).

Am I heading in the right direction by setting a sample size first to get my cut-off point (eg counting to 60-ish players by descending OBP and seeing what cut-off point that gives) or should I set a minimum level and just taking how ever many players I get back?

Thanks.

Cough, cough...

Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
    X