Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Draft Guide help

Hello,
    I'm just starting to familiarise myself with the tools on BBHQ, and I have a question about the Custom Draft Guide: when I set all my league settings (12 teams, points scoring, 40 man roster, mixleague) and run the CDG I am a bit confused by the $ values that come up, as they appear very low (I'll sign Trout for $30 any day!), so it made me wonder what I am seeing.

On the [Grid] view for example, when I turn on "Add $ values" it shows the R$ column, which I read means Roto 4x4 values. I assume that my customized draft guide would show values based on my league settings. I thought this is probably just the name, but as the values seem very low compared to what is paid in my leagues' environment (ottoneu) I'm not so sure.

Is this assumption correct and should I see the R$ values as the "normal" (as in non-market) values based on my custom league settings, or are they the standard roto values 4x4?

Thank you,
    RJ

The whole point is to give you values for your league. The CDG doesn't show "Standard" values.

The issue is probably with your configuration. I believe Ottoneu uses some negative-scoring categories, those can sometimes have an impact on the config. Feel free to post a screen-shot here.

Also, keep your # of bench players at zero. You only want to put bench players in there if you are paying auction dollars for them. A big number of bench players will depress all values.

Comment

Welcome!

The Custom Draft Guide is definitely designed to compute dollar amounts for your specific league parameters. The output, including the Grid view, should all be in your league's context. Beware that it sometimes can act up if your points scoring is categories for which a low number is better than a high number.

Also, be aware that the CDG is allocated dollars in a theoretical sense based on the projections. In practice, your league may prefer more of a stars & scrubs approach. You may want to change a setting from Balanced to Top Players if you would prefer dollar amounts that more closely resemble the spread of prices your league usually sees on draft day.

Let us know if you have other questions about the CDG.
      "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Thanks for the response Ray.
        Glad I assumed correct the CDG gives customised values. Ottoneu indeed has negative values, see screenshot below. Also they add points for HBP which is not available in the CDG. But I don't suspect that will have a major impact.
        We have 17 bench players which are acquired through auction. I'll try putting those to zero but since I have to pay auction $ for them you suggest to keep them in in that case?
        2017-01-30_12-51-45.jpg

PS After playing with the keepers a bit, the values are more where I expect them with 0 keepers. I guess although they are bought in auction usually they end up being $1 players, or at least close to one. Is that why you would keep them out, or add perhaps a few only?
        Last edited by rjweise; 01-30-2017, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Thank you Michael,
          I will try those suggestions and play a bit with the league settings.
          Cheers,
          RJ

Comment

How do you set position eligibility in the CDG? For example, when I run league projections, I see Derek Dietrich in OF (and 2B eligible) even though he only played 8 games in OF last year. It seems like he could be 1B and 3B eligible as well.

Comment

I believe the position eligibility on the CDG is the standard 20 games. If Dietrich is listed as OF eligible, I think that is an error.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Hardball View Post
                I believe the position eligibility on the CDG is the standard 20 games. If Dietrich is listed as OF eligible, I think that is an error.
                This is correct. I just ran CDG and got Dietrich listed only at 2B. And he has a '4' in the QLFY column. This is all as it should be.

Please try again, mtgannon.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                  This is correct. I just ran CDG and got Dietrich listed only at 2B. And he has a '4' in the QLFY column. This is all as it should be.

Please try again, mtgannon.
                  Thank you Paul and Ray. Just re-ran it and it came back correctly. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                  X