Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr. HQ - Review of injured playes prior to draft....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. HQ - Review of injured playes prior to draft....

I think a high number of HQ subscribers play in keeper leagues and look at acquiring injured players in the end game at a discount for future keeper value. To that end I think it would be great if Dr. HQ could do one article around this draft time every year looking at players injuries to help us consider some of the risk involved in the type of injury and likelihood of a full recovery and length of time until the player will be back. This year I am entering my auction and I am considering guys like Ryu, Anderson, Pollock, Altherr, Asche, Ethier, Peralta and I am in an NL only league.

I look at Pollock and think wow same elbow as a few years ago. Is that a fluke or is that a chronic issue? Should I be concerned about the fact that Ryu is behind schedule? Anderson is always injured and now it is a back issue so is that enough evidence to consider him very unlikely to return any value or at least not as good a play as Ryu. TJS guys are easy enough I think to guess about 36 months with a decent chance of full recovery but many of these other injuries are not as clearly understood by the typical HQ subscriber.
    NL Only, 12 team, 4x4, $280, 25 man roster, 3 year keepers.

Why put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after tomorrow.

Dr. HQ won't be writing for us this year. He's taking some time off in light of his long-term medical issues... he's not sick again, but taking some time to care for himself better.

We're assessing how we're going to cover injury news during the season. I agree, certainly would have been good to have a take on Pollock before he got hurt... I know I wish I knew more before drafting him on Thursday night.

Comment

Thanks. I draft this weekend and may buy him. I'll be doing my own research this week! FWIW
      NL Only, 12 team, 4x4, $280, 25 man roster, 3 year keepers.

Why put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after tomorrow.

Comment

Hi Ray - please pass along our best wishes to him and a speedy recovery (think Dyson fast)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Iron Condor

Comment

Working...
        X