Pitcher Projections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitcher Projections

I'm having a bit of difficulty making sense of some of the pitcher projections. A couple of examples, Mike Fiers and Daniel Norris are both projected to have 18 Quality Starts, but Fiers is projected for 160 total innings pitched and Norris is projected for 145 total innings pitched. It doesn't seem to add up. In this scenario, Fiers would average about 5 innings pitched per game and Norris average less than 5, but somehow they both would end up with 18 Quality Starts. Any explanation?

FYI - These #'s are important to me because I'm in a points league.

QS are sort of back-fed from Game Starts, which are in turn back-fed from IP and BF/G. I think Norris has some swingman work in his profile, which lowers his BF/G, gives him more games and thus more QS than you might expect for his innings total.

QS are hard to project for guys in that 100-160 IP range, but I'll take a look and see if I can firm some of this up. Thanks for the heads-up.

Comment

QS are sort of back-fed from Game Starts, which are in turn back-fed from IP and BF/G. I think Norris has some swingman work in his profile, which lowers his BF/G, gives him more games and thus more QS than you might expect for his innings total.

QS are hard to project for guys in that 100-160 IP range, but I'll take a look and see if I can firm some of this up. Thanks for the heads-up.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Any luck in fixing this issue?

Comment

Sorry, won't be able to get to this til early next week.

Comment

New projections going up now, addressing these two cases. Let me know if you see more.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                New projections going up now, addressing these two cases. Let me know if you see more.
                It's gets more difficult to figure it out as you go down the list (QS from most to least). A few others that stood out were Brandon Finnegan, Joe Ross and Tanner Roark. But I'm sure there are others.

Comment

Yeah, as I said above, role uncertainty plays a big role there. Not sure how feasible it is to get all of those calls right.

Comment

Working...
                  X