MM Codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MM Codes

Hey - My first BF, why so many differences between BF MM Codes and the site's MM data?

One example A Jones: BF 4335 Site 3245 Yes, I now see adjustments to PX and Spd, just didn't expect that type of change over 3 month period .... guess you guys are crunching the numbers. Thanks Ray!
    Last edited by fanmanone99; 02-09-2016, 08:33 PM.

Differences should be from the projections changing, not the MM codes themselves. Feel free to post examples though.

Comment

One example A Jones: BF 4335 Site 3245 Yes, I now see adjustments to PX and Spd, just didn't expect that type of change over 3 month period .... guess you guys are crunching the numbers. Thanks Ray!

Comment

Yeah, the obvious answer is that player movement always causes the projections (playing time and skill) to change. But then even for guys who didn't move but have individual metrics that reside near the MM thresholds, subtle changes in the projections and even slight differences in the calculations between site and book can cause the MM codes to change.

Comment

For Adam Jones it looks as if the counting stat projections haven't changed at all (30/6/274 projections for the 324 part of the code), whereas the PX and Spd metrics have reduced.

With a PX boundary of 119 = 3, 120 = 4, its interesting to note that while the projected total for Jones is 119, the projected balance (with the entire season obviously still to play) is 121.

I don't understand the 4 for MM Batting Average given is xBA was below 275 for the past two seasons. Are we expecting that to rise above 280

He seems the ideal player who you could adjust the MM Code in your own draft back to 4345 if you felt in a bullish mode, or even as low as 3135 (based on average of 5 SBs over the past two seasons) if you were in a bearish mode.

Comment

Absolutely right. In the past we have run some articles called I think) "Mayberry on the edges" that highlight those border cases that can cause big swings.

Comment

Working...
            X