LAD holds %

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAD holds %

I didn't know where to post this, but I'm in a league that has holds as a category it looks like only 10% of the holds are accounted for on the LAD depth chart. I know it is still early, so I don't read too much into those numbers anyway, but looks like most other teams have numbers close to 100%. Any chance LAD could get updated for holds?
    Home league: 11 team mixed 6X6 (with OPS and holds) 19th year, 2016: 4th, 2017: 3rd, 2018: 9th, 2019: 1st, 2020: 3rd, 2021: 2nd, 2022: 5th, 2023: 8th.

Yes, holds for LA, LAA, SD and HOU are on my weekend list.

Comment

Sounds good. Sorry if I jumped the gun there a bit.
      Home league: 11 team mixed 6X6 (with OPS and holds) 19th year, 2016: 4th, 2017: 3rd, 2018: 9th, 2019: 1st, 2020: 3rd, 2021: 2nd, 2022: 5th, 2023: 8th.

Comment

Originally posted by big332al View Post
        Sounds good. Sorry if I jumped the gun there a bit.
        No worries. This is about the time we start taking holds projections seriously. Kind of need to wait on those until the offseason movement dies off and some roles can be projected.

Comment

One of my NL leagues just changed the SVs category to Svs + Hlds for 2016, so I too am now interested in the latter.

And i would be interested in understanding how HQ projects this

I get that figuring out the personnel within each team right now is certainly a significant challenge until jobs are won/lost in ST

But is it fair to say that we at least have a decent sense of the neighborhood of projectable tm save totals for some of the teams, simply from recent trends?

For instance, teams like PHL, SD, NYM, ATL, LAD, STL and MIL appear to be relatively consistent (ie variance <15%) in team HLDs over the past 3 years.

At the very least, you'd think that most of the NL teams would need to assume 70 or more holds per team, in light of fact the 2015 league average was 82 for 2015, up @ 10% from 2013
          Last edited by PhillyPB; 02-01-2016, 05:00 PM.
          AL-only 12tm keeper (OBA, BA, HR, RBI, SB, ERA, WHIP, K, W, Sv)
          AL-only 10tm ultra (BA, HR,RBI, R, SB, ERA, WHIP, K, W, Sv)
          NL-only 11tm keeper/ultra (OBA, HR, RBI, SB, ERA, WHIP, W. Sv)
          NL-only 10tm keeper/ultra (BA, BA, HR, RBI, SB, ERA, WHIP, K, W, Sv)

Comment

Thanks for the reminder, PhillyPB. I hadn't looked at our team-level Holds projections in quite some time. I just did that and made some revisions, especially in light of the trends you note there.

Comment

Per Baseball Reference, 2015 was notable in that six(6) NL teams averaged 4.5 (or more) relief appearances per game

In each of 2014 & 2013, only 2 NL clubs averaged as many as 4.5/gm
              AL-only 12tm keeper (OBA, BA, HR, RBI, SB, ERA, WHIP, K, W, Sv)
              AL-only 10tm ultra (BA, HR,RBI, R, SB, ERA, WHIP, K, W, Sv)
              NL-only 11tm keeper/ultra (OBA, HR, RBI, SB, ERA, WHIP, W. Sv)
              NL-only 10tm keeper/ultra (BA, BA, HR, RBI, SB, ERA, WHIP, K, W, Sv)

Comment

Working...
              X