Preliminary Keepers? Values for 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preliminary Keepers? Values for 2016

I am in a keeper league. I am not in the running for this year's championship and am instead trying to compile inventory of potential keepers that i can either trade in the offseason for other keepers or keep for my team next year. Is there any way to learn what HQ expects of players for 2016 based on what they know now? All that's really available is their projected balance of the year values. Obviously, a lot can change, but i need to know right now whether i can cut Kevin Kiermaier and pick up Darnell Sweeney without regret, for example, or does HQ think Kiermaier might be a $20 player next year... Any tips or suggestions on how to use the site would be helpful.

One simple way is to run the CDG for your league and 2015 YTD to find out what their dollar values are now YTD, compared to their current price or expected price for next year. Then if you make the assumption that, barring injury, and that they will be as good or better the next year, and adjusting for PT improvements, you can get some sense of what their value might be next year compared to this year. This mostly only works for projected full time players, as projecting PT for marginal players is not worth the roll of the dice, given there is a long time between now and how opening day rosters might look for any team.

Comment

What Whistler said

Comment

Working...
      X