Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible addition to Starting Pitcher Matchups report?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible addition to Starting Pitcher Matchups report?

For those of us in weekly leagues, it would be of great value to have a writeup evaluating starting pitchers for the week, to wit:

1) two-start pitchers to target and/or especially to avoid, and

2) one-start pitchers that should be started anyway since no one usually has a full complement of two-start guys.

I just find the daily matchups columns pretty much useless as currently posted for my league. It would only have to be done on Sundays, usually, since I can't pick up anyone after Sunday night to use the following week (Yahoo! league running Monday through Sunday). I've been trying to look ahead using the 8-day scan but I've made some uninformed decisions as I'm not sure how best to use those start ratings.

Not asking for my decisions to be made for me but especially since I can't tell who's getting two starts until usually Saturday something like this would be a big help. I hope what I'm asking for makes sense.
    John

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means!"--Inigo Montoya, "The Princess Bride"

Seconded!
    mixed keeper auction 16 teams high stakes $ long running with consistent ownership - *16 teams this year 2019*!
    5x5 (obp instead of avg) and 24 active players,10 pitchers.
    8 reserve slots ($3, snake draft). 3 minors slots. 260 budget. 100 faab budget weekly.
    8 roster keepers - max 3 years @ +$3 1st year kept, +$4 2nd year, +$7 third year.
    3 Minors keepers +$1/year

Comment

Yeah, we used to do this, and thought it was kind of redundant with the SP Matchups tool. Open to reconsidering... but you have seen the 8-day version of the SP report, right? That should be the first place you're going to make these types of decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Astros34 View Post
        I've been trying to look ahead using the 8-day scan but I've made some uninformed decisions as I'm not sure how best to use those start ratings.
        Like I said, I've used it but had limited success.
        John

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means!"--Inigo Montoya, "The Princess Bride"

Comment

KI don't think you would seems offering a lot of additional guidance that would contradict the report, though.

Comment

Working...
          X