RotoPass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RotoPass?

I love the HQ, I love the Forecaster. I read Rotoworld for my transaction news, along with Rotowire on this site. I only play fantasy baseball. No hockey, no football, no soccer, no nascar, no monkey-swinging.

So basically, I now have to shell out $150 insted of $100 for the use of this site alone? Ron, please say it ain't so.

You don't want to make a dentist unhappy, do you???

You are under no obligation to join RotoPass. It's an option you can choose if you wish. If you want to keep your BHQ subscription only, that's great.

RON@HQ

Comment

If my calculations are correct, it will only run me $15 more than my combined costs for Baseball HQ and RotoWire. Since I play Fantasy Football, it seems worth it. It's probably worth it anyway just for Stats, Inc.

But, what will happen to my current subscriptions? Will I get a credit for the remaining months if I sign up for this?
      20-Team Mixed Dynasty | 14 Hs, 10 Ps, 5 res., no limit DL | 5x5: AVG, HR, RBI, SB, OPS; W, S, ERA, WHIP, K-BB | Draft | Keepers limited only by salary cap, values based on ADPs w/ discounts for <3yrs service time) | 2-Time Champion; 2-Time Runner Up since 2005
      12-Team NL Dynasty | 12Hs, 9 Ps, 1 swingman, 4 res., 4 minors, 4 DL | 5x5: H, OBP, HR, RBI, SB; W, S, ERA, WHIP, K-BB | Draft | Keep 17 (fixed-length contracts, no salaries) | 5-Time Champion; 3-Time Runner Up since 1999

Comment

We will publish a complete FAQ regarding RotoPass in the monthly bulletin this weekend. In the interim, here are some preliminary entries in the FAQ that is currently being compiled:

Q: I only play fantasy baseball so RotoPass really has limited use for me. Does this mean that I now have to shell out $149 instead of $99 for the use of Baseball HQ alone?

A: No. You are under no obligation to join RotoPass. It's an option you can choose if you wish. If you want to keep your BHQ subscription alone, that's great.

Q: If I decide to join RotoPass, should I wait until my BHQ subscription expires first?

A: That's certainly an option. However, if you want the football content, you might not want to wait.

Q: I am currently in the middle of my Baseball HQ subscription. If I join RotoPass, can I get a prorated refund for the time remaining on my subscription?

A: We'd prefer to apply that credit to the Baseball Forecaster or First Pitch Forums. However, if you'd prefer a refund, we will do that. The only exception would be for those in the first year of the GOLD4 Plan; the $10 early cancellation penalty would still apply for those subscribers.

Q: Do the other sites in RotoPass offer pro-rated refunds?

A: You'll have to contact each site separately as their policies will vary.

Q: Is there a promotional code I need to use for the special Baseball HQ pricing for RotoPass? How long does the special pricing last?

A: There is no code and no expiration date for the special upgrade pricing. In order to get the special rate, you'll need to click to Rotopass from the BHQ home page (or go directly to http://www.rotopass.com/?partner=baseballhq). Once on that site, enter the email address you used to sign up for BHQ. Their system will automatically recognize you as a BHQ subscriber and offer the special pricing.

RON@HQ

Comment

Ron - how will the message boards work??

Rotopass specifically states we won't have access to the boards. I consider them an important part of why Im a member here. The discount being offered thru HQ is obviously so substantial that Im considering it but will we lose the boards?

Secondly, how will the process of ending Gold4 work? Will we send some sort of confirmation note to your people and have it work out? I am in year two of Gold4 and as such don't wish to have a penalty attached because I haven't completed my renewal year. Obviously attaching the refund to the Forecaster certainly seems a fair compromise to you having to cut checks.

I realize you'll probably cover this in the FAQ but I wanted you to know what some subscribers might be thinking.

Comment

Okay, cool! I guess I'll wait for Rotowire to expire in a month, then sign up, and ask for a credit toward the Baseball Forecaster.

I might be due a free month for finishing ahead of you, Ron, in POD3... How that will work might be an issue for the FAQs as well.

Oh, good question LongDuck.
            20-Team Mixed Dynasty | 14 Hs, 10 Ps, 5 res., no limit DL | 5x5: AVG, HR, RBI, SB, OPS; W, S, ERA, WHIP, K-BB | Draft | Keepers limited only by salary cap, values based on ADPs w/ discounts for <3yrs service time) | 2-Time Champion; 2-Time Runner Up since 2005
            12-Team NL Dynasty | 12Hs, 9 Ps, 1 swingman, 4 res., 4 minors, 4 DL | 5x5: H, OBP, HR, RBI, SB; W, S, ERA, WHIP, K-BB | Draft | Keep 17 (fixed-length contracts, no salaries) | 5-Time Champion; 3-Time Runner Up since 1999

Comment

THE BOARDS: It's true that the boards are NOT INCLUDED as a part of Baseball HQ in RotoPass. Reason we did this is because we expect to get a flood of "football fantasy leaguers" who will have access to the boards; it will likely be difficult for us to maintain the high level of discussions -- as well as the support of our HQ writers.

We also think these boards are way too valuable to dilute so we had to make this sacrifice.

GOLD4: When you sign up for GOLD4, you do make a minimum 1-year commitment, which qualifies you for the discount. The cancellation penalty will still apply if you move to Rotopass before that commitment is complete. Our database knows where you are in your commitment cycle.

MONEYBALL CHALLENGE: Not sure how that will work, but we'll make good on that. Probably start with a credit toward the Forecaster, and issue refunds if we have to.

RON@HQ

Comment

Hmm... well, if I wouldn't have access to the boards, I don't think I'm interested.

Comment

Originally posted by hqforums
                  You are under no obligation to join RotoPass. It's an option you can choose if you wish. If you want to keep your BHQ subscription only, that's great.

RON@HQ
                  Thank you!

So, if I choose to I can stay with HQ only and have full access to this site including this board, which will still be used only by HQ subscribers?

Comment

perhaps a &quot;boards upgrade&quot; for an extra 20 bucks a year for rotopass people?

just a thought

Comment

Yes, the boards will be reserved ONLY for full HQ subscribers.

The $20/year upgrade is a possibility, but that would have to be coordinated with the RotoPass folks. They have enough on their plate right now getting this network off the ground so I don't foresee that as an option in the near-term.

RON@HQ

Comment

After reading the FAQ, I have a quick question. First off, I absolutely do not want to give up my full membership to this site, as the boards are a vital feature. So, are the only two options

1) Keep full HQ and do not join RotoPass.
                        or
                        2) Join RotoPass and give up full HQ.

OR, is it possible to keep having a full HQ, get a discount on RotoPass to gain the other sites. It looks like right now the HQ discount brings RotoPass down to $70. Is that a permanant deal, or a one time offer. Rotowire alone cost about $30 if I remember correctly, so paying the regular for HQ and then an additional $70 each year wouldn't be bad, AS LONG AS I CAN CONTINUE TO LOG ON TO HQ DIRECTLY AND GAIN ACCESS TO THE BOARDS. So, is this possible? Or is it just 1 or 2?

Thanks,

JJ

Comment

jj4osu... It's basically just 1 or 2, although "2" should actually read, "Join RotoPass and give up the HQ forums."

There are no partial or discount RotoPass deals that exclude Baseball HQ, thus allowing you to subscribe to HQ separately. The $70 price is an upgrade rate for 12-month HQ subscribers and GOLD4 members. The rate is different for HQ 6-month and 3-month subscribers.

RON@HQ

Comment

Ron, Is it possible to get the Roto Pass for the upgrade price of $70 and Still Stay a Gold Member by paying the $89 to BaseballHQ. I'm not sure if this question has been asked differently already but If this is possible it would be worth it for me, and maybe others, to get the Roto Pass for $70. I would just use my Gold member status to use HQ and not worry about not having the Forums w/ Roto Pass. This would basically render the HQ portion of Roto Pass useless but it wouldn't matter because w/o upgrade it would be $149 which is only alittle cheaper than the $70 and $89 it would cost to keep Gold membership. I hope this is not too confusing and I also hope it is possible. Please let me know. Thanks, Dan V.

Comment

Absolutely. That's not a problem. Just make sure you don't cancel your GOLD4 membership.

THERE HAS BEEN A CHANGE THAT MIGHT MAKE A DIFFERENCE TO SOME OF YOU:

For those upgrading to RotooPass now, we were originally going to offer pro-rated refunds or credit toward other products, but as it turns out, there would be no credit to your subscription. The reason is that, when you subscribe to RotoPass, you are gaining access to Baseball HQ through next August (or whenever you subscribe). Yes, you will have duplicate access for the duration of your current BHQ subscription, but that is taken into account in the special discounted upgrade rate.

Contact me if you have any question on this. The FAQ page will be updated shortly.

RON@HQ

Comment

Working...
                              X