clean relief appearance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clean relief appearance?

I've looked (I think) pretty hard, but can't seem to find it...

What is the definition of a "clean" relief appearance?
    * 10-team AL-only, auction ($260 budget), 2 yr contracts wi/toppers, max 13 freezes, $100 FAAB with weekly auctions, 4x4 with hybrid categories
    * 14H/9P (+8 reserve draft), with liberal movement between active and reserve rosters
    * Hitting: OBP, HR, RP, BADV = SB+2B+2*3B
    * Pitching: ERA, SV+HLD, QIP = 2*IP-baserunners, WQG = W+QO+CG (
    QO = 5/6/8 IP with 2/3/4 ER or fewer)

I thought it was no hits/walks.

Comment

I figured no inherited runners score....
      mixed keeper auction 16 teams high stakes $ long running with consistent ownership - *16 teams this year 2019*!
      5x5 (obp instead of avg) and 24 active players,10 pitchers.
      8 reserve slots ($3, snake draft). 3 minors slots. 260 budget. 100 faab budget weekly.
      8 roster keepers - max 3 years @ +$3 1st year kept, +$4 2nd year, +$7 third year.
      3 Minors keepers +$1/year

Comment

from google- suggest no runs alowed?

Carpenter gave up only a harmless single in a scoreless inning for Louisville Tuesday. But he was one of the few Bats pitchers to taste success as Toledo pounded out 17 hits and claimed a 13-8 victory.

While Carpenter had a clean inning in relief, the rest of Louisville’s staff struggled to stop the Hens offense.
        mixed keeper auction 16 teams high stakes $ long running with consistent ownership - *16 teams this year 2019*!
        5x5 (obp instead of avg) and 24 active players,10 pitchers.
        8 reserve slots ($3, snake draft). 3 minors slots. 260 budget. 100 faab budget weekly.
        8 roster keepers - max 3 years @ +$3 1st year kept, +$4 2nd year, +$7 third year.
        3 Minors keepers +$1/year

Comment

To be clear, I'm asking about the BBHQ definition of a CleanOuting. See, for example, the "Misc" page for Wade Davis.
          Attached Files
          * 10-team AL-only, auction ($260 budget), 2 yr contracts wi/toppers, max 13 freezes, $100 FAAB with weekly auctions, 4x4 with hybrid categories
          * 14H/9P (+8 reserve draft), with liberal movement between active and reserve rosters

Comment

Clean appearances are the number of outings where no runners (earned, unearned or inherited) scored.
            "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Originally posted by Michael@HQ View Post
              Clean appearances are the number of outings where no runners (earned, unearned or inherited) scored.
              Thanks, Michael!

Is this listed in the site somewhere?

Comment

You're welcome.

It should be in the glossary (you can find that using the "Education" link at the bottom of our home page) but it isn't. It's tough to keep the glossary up-to-date. I found it by searching on "clean" on the site and looking for a Doug Dennis article that used the word, knowing that he's written Bullpen Buyer's Guide articles using the clean outings concept.
                "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Working...
                X