Question about the Playerlink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the Playerlink

I've had an ongoing confusion regarding the Batterlink stats, which occurred to me again when I was looking up Travis D'Arnaud's stats following his injury:

How can it be that in the "actual to date" line, Travis D'Arnaud has a .317 batting average, a .357 OBP, two HR, 10 RBI and 0 SB in 41 at-bats and according to you he has been worth $0 so far, while Leonys Martin, for example, has a .218 BA, .259 OBP, 0 HR, 3 RBI and 2 SB in 55 at-bats, and so far he's worth $16?

This is by no means an isolated example ... it happens frequently, where I'll look at the dollar amounts and they do not seem to correspond to the stats. It's just the most recent example I've got so I thought I would finally ask. Do I not understand what that price assessment means?

This stuff will normalize over the coming weeks as the data sample grows. The short answer is that, right now, the pool of scarcer stats (SBs, primarily) is so scarce that Martin's 2 SB are monstrously valuable. That's what drives the value difference.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
      This stuff will normalize over the coming weeks as the data sample grows. The short answer is that, right now, the pool of scarcer stats (SBs, primarily) is so scarce that Martin's 2 SB are monstrously valuable. That's what drives the value difference.
      Thanks for the quick response. I still don't understand how those excellent stats from D'Arnaud could be worth zero in any compilation, but I guess the best solution is to ignore that part of the stat report. It's far from what I find most valuable about HQ anyway ...

Comment

Originally posted by diadiun View Post
        Thanks for the quick response. I still don't understand how those excellent stats from D'Arnaud could be worth zero in any compilation, but I guess the best solution is to ignore that part of the stat report. It's far from what I find most valuable about HQ anyway ...
        Don't judge the overall usefulness of the values by what you're seeing at this early stage. The values will be wonky for another week or two.

Comment

Working...
        X