SGP Denominators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SGP Denominators

Ray - I have two questions. When do you think the SGP denominators will be available to us? Second question is - with many of us going to 6x6 or 7x7 leagues can and would you provide the denominators for additional categories like SLG and OBP for hitters along with quality starts and holds for pitchers over and above the traditional 10 categories used in the 5x5 leagues that you provide every year? Thank you very much for all that you do for us.

The annual SGP denoms article is coming next week. As for adding categories, I'd love to do it but we're limited by the data available. When you slice the league data we have access to (thanks to onRoto for that) by league size, you quickly lose sample size once you move beyond 5x5 leagues. If the trend keeps going, maybe we'll be able to do it in the future... but not for this year. Sorry.

Comment

I'll plug the book BHQ sells that walks you through the SGP math. If you have an existing league with a few years of historical standings it's great to compite your own SGP. Kinda a bummer when I compare them to the SGP article and see how little difference there is but it's a fun exercise

Comment

Thanks Riverdome... I should have mentioned that. Another alternative: if you use Rotolab, there's a handy worksheet built in that will help you calculate your own SGPs, even without the McGee book.

Comment

Originally posted by Snider View Post
          Ray - I have two questions. When do you think the SGP denominators will be available to us? Second question is - with many of us going to 6x6 or 7x7 leagues can and would you provide the denominators for additional categories like SLG and OBP for hitters along with quality starts and holds for pitchers over and above the traditional 10 categories used in the 5x5 leagues that you provide every year? Thank you very much for all that you do for us.
          Also consider that SGPs play off each other somewhat. For instance if your 5x5 league adds "holds", then fewer Ws and Ks will be drafted and the SGPs will be different than if you had added, say "quality starts". So add both!
          http://youtu.be/YtpkrIS4Sig?hd=1

Comment

Working...
          X