Please explain the Projected Playing time in Depth Charts>Teamview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please explain the Projected Playing time in Depth Charts>Teamview

I am looking at Arizona as I write this. I always thought these PT estimates were "look forward", but there are so many inconsistencies I am starting to doubt my understanding. Please explain a few things.

1) Goldschmidt is out for the season. Why does he show as 60% playing time at 1B?
    2) The total playing time at DH is only 5%. Isn't 95% of the playing time at DH missing?
    3) There are 3 positions in the OF, so I always assumed the OF playing time should add up to 300%. But it adds up to 305%.
    4) Where can I find a convenient multiplier that will convert the current PT percentages into actual AB's? I know it changes daily. Maybe add this to the teamview page?

Thanks.
    12 team NL only 5x5 with 4 man reserve

1. I think we're just waiting for official confirmation that Goldschmidt is out for the year.
    2. Arizona being in the NL, they don't have a DH for about 95% of the time. We use 5% just to reflect token DH allocation for road interleague games.
    3. In-season, you should typically see the %s tie out to exactly 100% per position, but we'll occasionally deviate from that by 5%-10% while we're waiting for uncertain playing time to sort itself out. The DBacks are in some disarray right now, so this is one of those cases.
    4. Yeah, a key is a bit difficult for just the reason you state (changes every day). A full-season 100% allocation is about 660 PA, so since there is about 1/3 of the season left right now, about 210-220 PA is a good proxy for 100% right now... or 22 PA per every 10%. You can always click through a player to their PLink page to get a look at the actual AB projection associated with the allocated %.

Hope this helps...

Comment

Thanks Ray. Very helpful.
      12 team NL only 5x5 with 4 man reserve

Comment

Working...
      X