Hh%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hh%

I see mention of HH% on a few player's profile notes (Choo/Puig). I see this is also known as "hard-hit percentage" but I'm having a hard time finding this statistic for all MLB players. I've looked on the Stats & Tools section, and also have checked the full glossary, without success.

Where do you guys pull this from and how do I get access to the all players' measure in this category?

Thanks

I don't see it in the projections and YTD statistics that subscribers can download. You can see it on the PlayerLink pages, but that's not what you want.

However, there is HctX, hard contact index, that you might enjoy working with. See http://www.baseballhq.com/content/ba...-and-dribblers for a description of that statistic.
    "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

I do like the HctX charts... unfortunately those you referenced are 2+ months old.

What's the best way to request this data get turned into a regularly accessible item?

Comment

HctX is updated daily. The article is two months old, but I intended that to just help explain the statistic and how you might use it.

From the subscriber home page, click on Stats and Tools and then Stats and Projections. Download the CSV portion of any of the YTD or Proj+YTD batting fles and you will find HctX as one of the columns in those files.
        "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Working...
        X