Information on Splits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information on Splits?

Lately, I've seen articles on the HQ site that mention a pitcher's BPV splits against LH and RH batters. I can't find this type of information on the site (other than a June 8 article that tabulates the information for a subset of pitchers). Am I not looking in the right pace or Is this type of split information not regularly published and updated on the site?

Also, does anyone know of a site that gives batters' splits by month? I'd like to be able to answer questions such as, "Is he hitting left hand pitching any better than he was in April and May?" Since I'm in a couple of leagues with daily lineup changes, this would be useful for platooning decisions.

Originally posted by moe View Post
    Lately, I've seen articles on the HQ site that mention a pitcher's BPV splits against LH and RH batters. I can't find this type of information on the site (other than a June 8 article that tabulates the information for a subset of pitchers). Am I not looking in the right pace or Is this type of split information not regularly published and updated on the site?

Also, does anyone know of a site that gives batters' splits by month? I'd like to be able to answer questions such as, "Is he hitting left hand pitching any better than he was in April and May?" Since I'm in a couple of leagues with daily lineup changes, this would be useful for platooning decisions.
    baseball-reference.com and fangraphs.com have very detailed splits for hitters and pitchers. ESPN has some as well. BPV will not be among the splits, as BPV is a proprietary HQ metric.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    'Put Marvin Miller in the Hall of Fame!'

Comment

And we're actively working to bring L/R splits to BaseballHQ. They will be in Playerlink soon.

Comment

How about home / road splits to HQ as well?
        Juuuuuuuust a bit outside.

Comment

Is there a way to sort L/R splits? I am looking for players with the most extreme L/R splits for my bench to stream in on occasion.

Comment

You can do this in our historical data. For instance, grab 2015 here.

Comment

Keep in mind that batters it takes a couple thousand plate appearances before a batter's personal history is more reliable than league averages. Platoon splits for batters are slow to stabilize.
              "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Working...
              X