Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mack tools questions

Hi,
    I have loaded all the teams in, and set up the league. It's a 5x5 keeper league.

1) Is it important to put the prices for players in for all teams?
    2) Is there a place to store Free Agents you are tracking? (make a list0

For stats that you use to find players, is there a base value for all Criteria Catergories?

IE. Era 3.00 K/P ct% Eye ?

I know I can go back 3 years to see. But is there a rule of thumb? Has to change player to player and position to position? Are am I over doing it? Thanks, Mojo

Salaries are only important in the preseason.

We generally recommend making an addl team to track free Agents.

Sorry, not sure I follow the last part of the question.

Comment

Thank you for responding?
      When I search for FA I have many options (criteria). Era, Avg., K/9, ct% ,Eye, etc.
      Is there a Base ( league avg.) number to use for each one?
      Let's say for Avg. I could use .270 for ct% what # should I be looking for? Is there a place to find all that info?
      Do the numbers change by position. I would want a cleanup hitter with a high ct% and low GB% low GB/FB % and high Eye, correct?
      Thank You Mojo
      PS I got to this site late, next year I will make sure I'm here 1st thing!

Comment

Well, a bunch of that is going to be league-context specific. One place we publish that info every year is in our Baseball Forecaster book, we call it the "Cheater's Bookmark". Send me a private msg with your email address, and I'll send you a PDF of that page from the book.

Comment

Originally posted by mrmojorisin View Post
          Thank you for responding?
          When I search for FA I have many options (criteria). Era, Avg., K/9, ct% ,Eye, etc.
          Is there a Base ( league avg.) number to use for each one?
          Let's say for Avg. I could use .270 for ct% what # should I be looking for? Is there a place to find all that info?
          Do the numbers change by position. I would want a cleanup hitter with a high ct% and low GB% low GB/FB % and high Eye, correct?
          Thank You Mojo
          PS I got to this site late, next year I will make sure I'm here 1st thing!
          All the info you are asking for is in the Glossary Primer which Brent linked for you on the 20th in the "New to HQ need some help" thread that you started.

For example, "ct% (Contact Rate) me
          s proficiency in hitting the ball into the field of play; the more often a batter makes contact with the ball, the higher the likelihood he will hit safely. League averages are 79%, with supreme contact hitters above 90% and hackers less than 75%."

Dom(K/9), Eye etc are all there along with many more.

Comment

Thank You !!

Comment

Working...
            X