Starting Batter Report?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting Batter Report?

I find the Starting Pitcher Report helpful for setting my staff for the week. Is there a similar report for batters? I would think something like this would be especially useful for H2H leagues; maybe a projection of a good or bad week based on pitching staffs to be faced.
    "Well, Buhner was a good prospect, no question about it. But my baseball people loved Ken Phelps's bat. They kept saying 'Ken Phelps, Ken Phelps.' "

No, we don't offer this... too much volatility/randomness to offer recommendations with any level of confidence. Short answer: start your best guys.

Comment

The biggest problem with this is that lineups aren't announced until around two hours before game time and are dynamic up until game time. Also, you're talking 12-13 batters per team game versus just one with the pitcher.
      John

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means!"--Inigo Montoya, "The Princess Bride"

Comment

Starting Pitcher Report

Hi Ray, I am having a hard time following the SP report this week and need you to talk me into it. I have two undesirable options for my final rotation spot: Salazar at TOR or Erlin at COL. The SP report tells me that Erlin is the lesser of two evils here but Salazar seems the better bet for Ks. It's a points H2H league where a bad start can cost you plenty. Wild hair options include starting Stroman at SP though he's playing reliever now, or slotting in Ryu, hoping he returns against ARI.

Comment

The SP Report is a great tool, but it has limitations. Don't be a slave to it. For instance, it treats all road parks the same... but Coors isn't the same as all road parks. I would not start Erlin at Coors.

Comment

Thanks, Ray. I have found it very useful so far this season. Great work.

Comment

Working...
            X