Baseball HQ podcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball HQ podcast

Couldn't figure out where to put this...I was listening to the podcast as I walked the dogs and was frankly shocked that the hast and the guest didn't use RotoLab software to manage their drafts/auction. It is amazing!

Who says they don't?

Comment

Yeah, I was listening to it this morning. Both Patrick and Todd said they are pen-and-paper guys. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
      "Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." -- George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by RON@HQ View Post
        Yeah, I was listening to it this morning. Both Patrick and Todd said they are pen-and-paper guys. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
        Ohhhh. Luddites.

Comment

Todd prefers to use his eyes to stare into your soul and read your thoughts.

Comment

Though, I did say that I plan on keeping player notes on my laptop this season - I'll still track all drafts and auctions via old fashioned colored tiers.

I find it more difficult to remember the nuggets about each player I find during research. I'm not sure if this is due to being on the other side of 50, or hanging out all night at Foley's in NYC (Tout Wars) or being in Vegas for the NFBC.

Actually, it's probably because I am on the other side of 50 and still hang out till 4 AM....

Comment

In the 12+ years my main league has been running, only one guy has used draft software every year. He has never finished in the top half. But on Todd's point, the youngest past champion is 50 next month ...

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
                Though, I did say that I plan on keeping player notes on my laptop this season - I'll still track all drafts and auctions via old fashioned colored tiers.

I find it more difficult to remember the nuggets about each player I find during research.
                Could point, Todd. But in an auction I find I don't have time to read the notes. So now I just build any news/notes I have into my auction price for that player.

Especially since I'm now on the wrong side of 60.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveL View Post
                  Could point, Todd. But in an auction I find I don't have time to read the notes. So now I just build any news/notes I have into my auction price for that player.

Especially since I'm now on the wrong side of 60.
                  Steve - there is no wrong side of 60 especially if you're still playing fantasy!

I also build comments into the price but it's still a static number that needs to be taken in context. I don't look at the notes every time but I can usually get what I need before the auctioneer says SOLD giving me time to jump in. Or, I'll look while a player I don't want is up for bid, knowing the player will be nominated soon (often by me).

Comment

Originally posted by RON@HQ View Post
                    You're a p-and-p guy, too, aren't you?
                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                    'Put Marvin Miller in the Hall of Fame!'

Comment

Originally posted by PD@HQ View Post
                      You're a p-and-p guy, too, aren't you?
                      That's why there's not anything wrong with that.
                      "Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." -- George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                      X