Pop up ads on a paid site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop up ads on a paid site?

The 1-2 popups I've been seeing when first entering the site are pretty annoying considering we all pay for the content here. Perhaps you should be checking to see if the user is authenticated before displaying the popups.

Chris

Ads that take over the screen aren't supposed to happen. I run a popup blocker (great solution), but if you post what the ads are, I can get them removed.

Comment

I got one today, too. will note which one it is next time around, if there is one
      NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
      our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
      a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by creejohnson1870 View Post
        The 1-2 popups I've been seeing when first entering the site are pretty annoying considering we all pay for the content here. Perhaps you should be checking to see if the user is authenticated before displaying the popups.

Chris
        I got this too. Agree with thoughts here.

Comment

I actually have my browser set to block pop-ups already, and I've now added an adblocker extension to firefox & chrome to hopefully take care of these too. Here is an example ad:
          popup.jpg

Thanks
          Chris

Comment

Got it, thanks.

Comment

While these are easily avoided on my desktop PC, on my IPAD, they become particularly annoying... To the extent I have to boot out of my browser to get rid of them and then click the stop loading button as it tries to load. It is one thing to have ads to the side... it is another to make me have to do additional action when I'm paying. Just some feedback. I don't see this on other sites. Just say no!
              League 1 : Scoresheet, 20 team BL, contracts, continuing (21 keepers + 20 minor leaguers)

Comment

Agreed, this is especially problematic on the ipad, I just had two full page ads take over my browser in the first 3 minutes on the site today. For the amount I pay in subscription fees, this is very disappointing.

Comment

The ads are administered by our Gannett superiors, not something we hve control over. I do understand the sentiments here. They are usually good about blocking popup/takeover ads, and that's where I try to hold the line. I'll address these with them. Thanks for your understanding.

Comment

Korean Airlines
                    Some K900 car
                    Seems pretty much only on the iPad.

Comment

Working...
                    X