Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minor League Analyst - Downloadable info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor League Analyst - Downloadable info?

My league uses a deep minor league (16 teams, each with 10 minor league slots) and we do our drafting early (we start right after the Superbowl with a slow draft). So I need a lot of information on minor league players at my disposal relatively soon. The past two years I have purchased the Minor League Analyst book, and it has a lot of good information. The problem is, I do all my decisioning in my Access database, and it's hard to quantify and rank players while flipping through a paper book. I need information in an electronic format. so the past two years I have painstakingly typed the information (the 9a, 8B, etc, the ETA, and the current level) into my database. But I don't want to keep doing that. I spend so much time doing that that would be better spent reading or programming. So is there any possibility that you will provide a downloadable version of this? I would be willing to buy the paper book and pay extra for the electronic file. It seems silly to have you print it out of your computers onto paper, then me read the paper and type it into my computer. It seems pretty backwards. Please consider doing this.

Another vote for this, especially something that could be downloaded in a CSV.
    John

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means!"--Inigo Montoya, "The Princess Bride"

Comment

when will the 2014 book ship??
      League #1 CBS
      16 team mixed H2H Points ALL PLAY - dynasty auction w/ multi year contracts & minor leagues

Start- C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, MI, CI, (4) OF, Util, (5) SP,(2) RP,(8) BENCH, (4) DL, (8) MINORS
      Batting-HR- 3.50---3B-4.00---2B- 2.50---1B- 1.25---BB,R,RBI,SB- 1
      Pitching-QS- 6 pts---W- 5 (3 for RP)---Save- 5---BS <2> ---Hold- 3---IP- 1.65---K- 1---Hit/BB allow- <0.35>---ER allow- <1.50>

League #2 YAHOO
      20 team H2H CATS- keep 10
      Start
      - C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, (3) OF, Util, (2) SP,(2) RP, (2) P,(5) BENCH, (2) DL
      Batting- R,H, HR, RBI, SB, AVE, OBP,OPS
      Pitching- W,L,SV,BB,K,HLD,ERA,WHIP

Comment

The MLBA is shipping now! I believe it started going out yesterday.

And we're aiming to have some of the above-requested material as part of the electronic files. Stay tuned on that, we'll get to it in February.

Comment

got it yesterday!!! thanks
          League #1 CBS
          16 team mixed H2H Points ALL PLAY - dynasty auction w/ multi year contracts & minor leagues

Start- C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, MI, CI, (4) OF, Util, (5) SP,(2) RP,(8) BENCH, (4) DL, (8) MINORS
          Batting-HR- 3.50---3B-4.00---2B- 2.50---1B- 1.25---BB,R,RBI,SB- 1
          Pitching-QS- 6 pts---W- 5 (3 for RP)---Save- 5---BS <2> ---Hold- 3---IP- 1.65---K- 1---Hit/BB allow- <0.35>---ER allow- <1.50>

League #2 YAHOO
          20 team H2H CATS- keep 10
          Start
          - C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, (3) OF, Util, (2) SP,(2) RP, (2) P,(5) BENCH, (2) DL
          Batting- R,H, HR, RBI, SB, AVE, OBP,OPS
          Pitching- W,L,SV,BB,K,HLD,ERA,WHIP

Comment

It's February I am so glad that we will now be able to get an electronic version of this great book. It was the one thing I thought was missing from the great book. Is there a timeline for the electronic format? Being in Canada the book can take a while to get through the mail.

Comment

Should be early next week.

Comment

Awesome news!

Comment

In addition to the electronic format are there any plans in the future to have the players from the Minor League Analyst somewhere on the HQ site? Similar to player link but for the minor league guys. It could even be a seperate player link section all together. It would make things much easier in some cases being able to see the players rankings ect right here on the site.
                  Another thing I love about the analyst is the player ratings. 8E, 8D, 9B ect. I would love if there was a way to somehow merge this with current major leaguers. I understand they are not prospects anymore but It would help with evaluating trades in dynasty formats. EX: What would a guy like Tyson Ross be rated right now?

Comment

well, my Feedly says it happened…sort of. All the links end up going no where. So close, but not yet.

<removed links - Ray>
                    Last edited by RAY@HQ; 02-09-2014, 09:49 PM. Reason: removed links

Comment

Email with instructions to download those going out tonight or tomorrow to those who bought book from us.

Comment

Guess the RSS feed was ahead of the email. I actually managed to get a screen asking for the username/passcode and got the two excel to download (not the PDF though). The tables look great. Very much appreciated.

Comment

You RSS guys, jumping the gun on everything.

I just have a few people testing the download for me, then I'll send out the instructions to everyone tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                          X